nerwin

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Website
nickerwin.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I took this on top of Mt. Washington. It was early afternoon and that's when the visibility was higher, as the day went on, it got more hazier. So I'm glad I was able to get some decent landscape shots with plenty of visibility.

This shot is 8 vertical images stitched together. I sat on this photo for a while trying to figure out how I wanted to process it. I kept messing around with settings, then reset and repeated that several times. But eventually I ended up with this and I like it. It's not over the top.

Nikon D610 + 20 1.8G
f/8, 1/1000th, ISO 220

I like your final product after you finished "messing around" with it. I like the way it sort of fades into the distance.

WesternGuy

Something closer-in, in the foreground, might have added more drama to this grand vista. I think things look small and far-away, as if the focal length was pretty short on the original eight captures. You've gone pretty dark and unnatural on the sky density at the top of the frame...that looks 'worked' to me.

Time to drive over to Underhill State Park in VT and take the hike up to the top of Mt. Mansfield. Then, you can get the same view in the opposite direction. Pick a clear enough day, and you'll be able to see Mt. Washington. Actually, the photos over Lake Champlain are pretty sweet too.

Time to drive over to Underhill State Park in VT and take the hike up to the top of Mt. Mansfield. Then, you can get the same view in the opposite direction. Pick a clear enough day, and you'll be able to see Mt. Washington. Actually, the photos over Lake Champlain are pretty sweet too.

Been there. Just a few miles from me. But I didn't know you could see Mt. Washington from the summit.

What do you mean by "hike"? I'll just drive up. Lol

Something closer-in, in the foreground, might have added more drama to this grand vista. I think things look small and far-away, as if the focal length was pretty short on the original eight captures. You've gone pretty dark and unnatural on the sky density at the top of the frame...that looks 'worked' to me.

Well, I wasn't necessarily trying to make it look natural. But I suppose I went too far on the sky. But yes, I took it with a ultra wide angle. I have others I took with my telephoto. But I liked this one and people on Flickr like it, so I'm happy lol.

Been there. Just a few miles from me. But I didn't know you could see Mt. Washington from the summit.

Ah, but thrn

Ah, but you miss one of the coolest trails in New England if you drive up. The Sunset Ridge Trail is about a mile and a half worth of over-the-treeline on-ridge hiking. One of my favorites.

Most reactions

Back