The Volvo of the Photography World

Discussion in 'Off Topic Chat' started by Meysha, Jan 6, 2007.

1. Meysha

Meysha still being picky Vicky

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    :)

Yep I'm getting rid of the volvo... :-( I love that little car but I want something newer and a manual... so I'm going to buy a Volkswagen Polo!

I should have had Xmetal do the photos for the website. :hail: hehehe. Might have had more hits by now.

Has anyone had experience with selling their car? I'm curious as to what media works well. And how do I filter out the wanna be's that just wanna drive my car and then run off.?

AFRGHGHGH ... How do I make the link smaller?

2. lostprophet

lostprophet No longer a newbie, moving up!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Type a word and select it then click the world icon then paste the link

CLICKY

3. Xmetal

Xmetal TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Sorry Vicky i'm flat broke at the moment so a 'day trip' to Brisbane isn't on the cards. :lol:

Good luck and your choice of replacement is a nice one - my big sister has a Mk IV Golf GTi (similar to the Polo) and its a sweet car. :)

Final note: To make your weblink smaller go: Clicky[\url] (just reverse the slash)

4. ferny

ferny TPF Noob!

Aye the Polo is a nice little car. If you're not a badge snob you could get a Skoda or a Seat. Same car, different badge. You can always spunk the saved money on, I don't know, some saucepans you can't break? :p

Hmm... selling. I don't know about over there but over here the second hand market is dead. Too many cheap cars for sale already so if you try to sell one there are hundreds more to choose from. Kinda why I like mine as if I ever sell it it'll be worth more and buyer will be queuing up for it. :)
    Try the local rags is the best bet. And any car magazines you have out there. You could put it on eBay but it'll go for less than it would anywhere else. But could be the best option if you want a quick sale.

You can never stop time wasters. But never let anyone take it out for a drive unless you or Adrian are in it as well. And if there are two of them make one stay at your house with one of you there as well. If they don't like that then tough on them.

Oh, and when you do sell it date and time the reciept you give them, keep a copy, put on it "sold as seen" and get them and you to sign it. That way if they get a ticket on the day you've sold it they can't say they bought the car after the incident and they can't come back to you saying "the brakes broke, you owe us money".

5. Meysha

Meysha still being picky Vicky

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Ahhhh all good points!! Thank you.
    I'm going to see how this carsales site goes - I've heard some good stories about it. If that doesn't work I'll try the trading post and then if that doesn't work I'll try a broker I know here.

We don't have skoda's out here... and I don't think I've seen a seat for years.

and :p saucepan's can't break. :p

6. ferny

ferny TPF Noob!

That's what I thought as well. :p

7. LittleMan

LittleMan TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    It's because your car is defective...

The drivers seat is clearly on the WRONG side of the car. :p

8. Xmetal

Xmetal TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Americans... :er: :chatty:

9. ferny

ferny TPF Noob!

You can move the seat over if you wish. But you'll find it bloody hard to drive without the wheel in front of you as well. ;)

10. Xmetal

Xmetal TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    You still see the odd Cordoba around but I don't think they really 'took off' in Austraila. Skoda's were never imported at all.

Should try and get a Golf GTi like your mum's, Vicky. :fangs: