The Vruden family...kids portraits

NJMAN

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Far beyond the bowels of human existence...Minneso
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Here are some from a recent shoot I did with some very nice kids. C&C always welcome. Thanks for looking! :)

IMG_9822_2_700_vig.jpg

IMG_9843_2_700_vig.jpg

IMG_9922_2_700_vig.jpg

IMG_9948_2_700_vig.jpg

IMG_0029_2_700_vig.jpg

IMG_9994_2_700_vig.jpg

Thanks for looking! :)

NJ

you are most welcome :) not that it's worth much LOL

can you tell me which lens you used? I was just looking at the 28-135mm. I just ordered the 50mm.

Angela

you are most welcome :) not that it's worth much LOL

can you tell me which lens you used? I was just looking at the 28-135mm. I just ordered the 50mm.

Angela

Hi Angela,

I used the 28-135mm for this shoot. But I also use the 50mm f/1.8 a lot for portraits. I'm sure you will like the 50mm lens. The 28-135mm is a great all-around lens because it gives me a fairly nice zoom range for outdoor stuff, but is also sharp enough for portrait work.

NJ

I think you did a nice job with these. The last one with everyone looking in a different direction is a little distracting, but still a nice shot. I like the vignetting as well. Good job.

HI there! You did another awesome job. I LOVE 3 and 4! They are seriously SO CUTE. Of course the others are as well but those are like the best ones yet I think. Beautiful!

I think you did a nice job with these. The last one with everyone looking in a different direction is a little distracting, but still a nice shot. I like the vignetting as well. Good job.

Thanks Johnboy! I know exactly what you mean. It was nearly impossible to get them all to look directly at the camera at the same time. I had the parents and their neighbor in back of me at all times trying to get them to look in my direction, but their eyes kept wandering. This shoot was getting tough near the end, but overall I enjoyed it. ;-)

HI there! You did another awesome job. I LOVE 3 and 4! They are seriously SO CUTE. Of course the others are as well but those are like the best ones yet I think. Beautiful!

Hey Kathi, thanks for the comments! As always, I appreciate your kind words. :)

NJ

Great shots! . I always love your colors. What time of day? What equipment did you use.

Hey Zen,

We waited until late afternoon, around 5 pm maybe. I used the 28-135mm lens. I was back about 20-25 feet (on my belly most of the time) and zoomed all the way in to 135mm for good depth of field.

Hey Zen,

We waited until late afternoon, around 5 pm maybe. I used the 28-135mm lens. I was back about 20-25 feet (on my belly most of the time) and zoomed all the way in to 135mm for good depth of field.

Stupid question is 28-135 a wide angle lens? Can you tell me what wide angle lens you would reccomend thats fast and can take big group shots.

Stupid question is 28-135 a wide angle lens? Can you tell me what wide angle lens you would reccomend thats fast and can take big group shots.

Not really. At the widest end, this lens is only 28mm on an SLR camera that has a 1.6x zoom factor. So I believe it is actually about 45mm on a full frame sensor if my calculations are correct. So no, that would not be a very wide angle at all. I use my 18-55mm kits lens for wide angle group shots, and then set the aperture to a more narrow f/8 or f/9 so that I can get everyone in focus.

But other photogs that have better lenses will probably tell you that a Tamron 17-50mm or 17-55mm f/2.8 lens (Canon or Nikon) is much better for group shots, because it gives you a better aperture to play with. You might also want to consider a 10-22mm for a really wide angle, but things can get a little distorted at the extreme wide end if you are too close to your subject. The 10-22mm is a lens I would love to get eventually, especially for wide open landscape shots. Hope this helps. :)

NJ

Not really. At the widest end, this lens is only 28mm on an SLR camera that has a 1.6x zoom factor. So I believe it is actually about 45mm on a full frame sensor if my calculations are correct. So no, that would not be a very wide angle at all. I use my 18-55mm kits lens for wide angle group shots, and then set the aperture to a more narrow f/8 or f/9 so that I can get everyone in focus.

But other photogs that have better lenses will probably tell you that a Tamron 17-50mm or 17-55mm f/2.8 lens (Canon or Nikon) is much better for group shots, because it gives you a better aperture to play with. You might also want to consider a 10-22mm for a really wide angle, but things can get a little distorted at the extreme wide end if you are too close to your subject. The 10-22mm is a lens I would love to get eventually, especially for wide open landscape shots. Hope this helps. :)

NJ

Thank you !! My kit lens is so slow. its a 5.6 lens -- Its crap that came with my D50 .. I need to buy something faster and affordable. Is Tamron a good product?

Most reactions

Back