The west coast of Soctland (6 pics)

birdbonkers84

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Took at trip last week to the west coast of Scotland, visited Loch Lomond, Oban, Inverary, Glencoe and everything else inbetween. Unfortunately we didn't have the luck of the weather for most of it, but I did my best with what I had to work with!

Lochan na h-Achlaise by Mark Coull, on Flickr

Glencoe by Mark Coull, on Flickr

14th Century Castle Stalker by Mark Coull, on Flickr

Achnambeithach Cottage by Mark Coull, on Flickr

18th Century Inveraray Castle by Mark Coull, on Flickr

Lone house on the edge of Loch Awe by Mark Coull, on Flickr

Lovely shots. Maybe not the best weather but it gave a nice effect with the low hanging clouds on the hills. Agree with Dean about cropping the the bottom and top of #2.

Beautiful scenery. I wish the tire wasn't in #3 though and maybe crop some of the dead space of the sky? I would love to see those sites!
Thanks for the feedback, I actually agree with you and have played around with cropping away either the tire or the extra space in the sky, but It's good to know others think it too and I'll get to work sorting it :)

Lovely shots. Maybe not the best weather but it gave a nice effect with the low hanging clouds on the hills. Agree with Dean about cropping the the bottom and top of #2.
The weather was very frustrating, typical Scotland! was good practice though, I agree with you both :)

you must have a really good camera:

Nikon D7100
18.0-55.0 mm f/3.5-5.6

Nice set Mark, the one of castle stalker is my favorite, been past it many times but not stopped at it in good weather. The sky looks a bit purple to me though, were you using a GND?

Looks like you got some decent panoramas despite the weater too! the reflection in the first is superb!

Nice set Mark, the one of castle stalker is my favorite, been past it many times but not stopped at it in good weather. The sky looks a bit purple to me though, were you using a GND?

Looks like you got some decent panoramas despite the weater too! the reflection in the first is superb!

Thanks weepete, No the sky wasn't purple I was just messing about with the sky colour as it was well grey :L I think I went a bit overboard with the colour, but just haven't gotten round to sorting it.

Gonna have to go back next year with better weather as I've seen some lovely shots of this castle in the sunshine. The fact it was used in Monty Python and the Holy Grail makes it even more cool!

The cottage on the loch with the misty hills would make for a very nice print and is certainly my favorite here.

I agree with Dean about the tyre in number 3.

The cottage on the loch with the misty hills would make for a very nice print and is certainly my favorite here.

I agree with Dean about the tyre in number 3.
Thanks for your comment, number 3 is my favourite too for the pure scale factor.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back