The Wetlands - Evansville, IN C&C

LoveAlwaysJami

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Just a few shots I took recentley in Evansville.

Just some random walk I found in the middle of nowhere. I loved it.

Climbed a silo to try to get these tracks. Picture doesnt do this justice, it was beautiful.

Good to see another photographer from the tri-state. I like the first on the best. The only improvement I can even think of would be to try and get the point of view straight down the bridge. It seems to be off to the right a little. Easier said than done I know. Great job though!

HEY! Yes Nick, Im in Evansville a lot these days. Im actually living closer to the Terre Haute region, but I take a lot of pictures on the West Side closer to Angel Mounds (I think thats the West, Im still trying to figure out how big that place really is ;)) But I love going to The Wetlands reserve up by the Patriot Steel factory close to Reitz. I took a bunch more but havent had a lot of time to edit. My friend Erin has a studio there.

Evansville is a big place. And I noticed the more you look, the more places you can find to take great pics.

Right now Im collecting the alphabet out of the architecture in town (town, I think?) haha. I'll post some soon, I bet youll recognize a lot of the buildings. Evansville is a great old town! And THANK GOODNESS for FALL FESTIVAL!

I really like the reflections in number 2.

I really like the reflections in number 2.

Thanks! I had to make it black and white, because in color the reflections were really distracting (as you could imagine)

HEY! Yes Nick, Im in Evansville a lot these days. Im actually living closer to the Terre Haute region, but I take a lot of pictures on the West Side closer to Angel Mounds (I think thats the West, Im still trying to figure out how big that place really is ;)) But I love going to The Wetlands reserve up by the Patriot Steel factory close to Reitz. I took a bunch more but havent had a lot of time to edit. My friend Erin has a studio there.

Angel Mounds is on the East Side, and actually right on the line with Newburgh. I am from Evansville, also :)

The first one puts you in a feeling of awe. It's very soothing, relaxing, and easy to look at.

Sent from my iPhone 4S

I really like 1&2 but number 3 doesn´t really do anything for me. I´m so used to hills and mountains being from Scotland and now living in Spain, where mountains are pretty much endless. IN reminds me of MS.

But yes, I really like your work.

it's obviously that the B/W photos are...at least seems better~

Out of your 3 picture set, picture #2 is such a strong image. Nicely composed and exposed. On the other hand, picture #3 has no real subject, and just doesn't hold my interest. The foreground just goes on forever to the bridge which splits the photo in two at about the halfway mark. Then the sky takes over which realy needs a stronger blue to contrast with the clouds. There is also a tilt issue of high left/low right. A re-edit with of 2/3 sky and 1/3 field would really help.

Most reactions

Back