the "whats your screen name mean?" thread

I needed a name for a yahoo account several years ago, and I had a Fiat Tempra - not a bad car until the usual Fiat 'features' started to kick in, but I sold it for the price I paid two years earlier :)

I started using this one (my first initial and last name) a couple years ago for continuity in other web things I do plus it's a vanity thing. I want people to associate my photos, opinions, advice etc back to me not a "persona" or "alter ego".

BUT I do actually have a nickname (which is also a vanity plate on my car) which is Splinky. This came from the tv show Mad About You and was Cousin Ira's nickname that was explained in an episode (which I thought was hilarious). I adapted the word to mean an object that I couldn't think of the name of: i.e. "Hey... hand me that... uhh... round thing... the splinky with the top that comes off... it's blue!!!" and my employees at the time started calling me that which stuck.

My favorite screen name (ala AIM) was one that I had for fun "VideoCrack". The internet was once dubbed that by some talking head I saw on tv describing the addictive nature of the internet. I loved that name (I think I still have it on AOL somewhere.

The meaning of my screen name...

I've always been a big fan of Mary Todd Lincoln and also of Aaron Burr (the great duelist from the 1800's.) So I adapted their names.

Not really, I fall into the uncreative bunch as my name is Todd Breakey. Original, huh?

I'm the guy everybody talks about.....you know.....that one guy. i am friends with "what's his name".

its my nickname.

first name is Paul..... you put the rest together.

;)

Well I am a fireman and I love surfing. Of course, I almost never get to surf because I live in Central Ontario. But when I do, I have the time of my life. I snowboard and wakeboard in the mean time to keep my surfing cravings satisfied.

My name is Jennifer and I'm 4'-11" tall and weigh 97lbs. :er:

:lol:

SCguy- other forums I go by SCbassboy, but when it's a non-fishing forum, people misconstrue the name to be my view of how ungood my rear is. So, I go by SCguy on other forums. Really simple, I'm a guy from SC.

RD

I collect antique pneumatic arms as well as shoot airguns competitively.

I haven't put my eye out yet so I guess I'm not too dangerous....

I collect antique pneumatic arms as well as shoot airguns competitively.

I haven't put my eye out yet so I guess I'm not too dangerous....

That's pretty cool. I'm not steady enough to shoot a rifle offhand like you do. I have a Beeman's R1 w/R66 scope I've had for close to 20 years. I've used it for small game hunting. Air guns are a lot of fun, and you can shoot almost anywhere. Also have a Beeman P1 that has the same grip frame as my Colt .45, it's a great indoor practice piece I shot a lot when I competed with the Colt.

Most reactions

Back