Reaction score
Website
www2.agrtek.net
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Just a simple portrait of my wife:
YapbThumbnailer.php

http://www2.agrtek.net/2008/11/18/cute-isa/

I know, I need to work on my backgrounds, but overall I really like the lighting and overall exposure.

I'm not really into the angle of the shot as it puts her body in most of the foreground. That, with her wearing a red shirt, makes me focus on her body and not on her face. Red is a very strong colour for the human eye and needs to be used caustiously as it can easily overtake a picture, such as it is in this one (in my opinion).

You already mentionned the background, so I won't touch on there.

The picture is nicely in focus, but the main point of a portrait is getting the model's eyes in sharp focus, which is hard to see in your angled shot.

The exposure and lighting are nice though. You did a good job capturing that.

I'm sure you can work on the rest if you, as you mentionned, took a bit more time to plan the picture instead of snapping away.

I'm not really into the angle of the shot as it puts her body in most of the foreground. That, with her wearing a red shirt, makes me focus on her body and not on her face. Red is a very strong colour for the human eye and needs to be used caustiously as it can easily overtake a picture, such as it is in this one (in my opinion).

I'm feeling you on the color, even though the exposure is correct it feels like the bottom of the image is overly bright, when I hue she the image away from red it lets the eye travel back up to the top of the image.

Regarding the pose, I partially agree, I feel it would have been better composed with a tighter head shot or a wider body shot.

You already mentionned the background, so I won't touch on there.

The picture is nicely in focus, but the main point of a portrait is getting the model's eyes in sharp focus, which is hard to see in your angled shot.

The exposure and lighting are nice though. You did a good job capturing that.

I'm sure you can work on the rest if you, as you mentionned, took a bit more time to plan the picture instead of snapping away.

Thank you for your critique.

I also agree with the two post above, very snap shot looking. She has a great smile, but pay attention to the background...draws away from the image

Most reactions

New Topics

Back