The Window

Discussion in 'Critique Forum Archives' started by Nytmair, Feb 19, 2005.

1. Nytmair

Nytmair TPF Noob!

I'll probably be posting more shots in this critique section to get feedback on how I could change/improve my shots since I'm going to be taking more in the next 2 months or so for my photography class.

current project - "Inside/Outside"

[​IMG]

Please be brutal, let me know what you like, don't like, how I could change it... etc. Won't be hard to reshoot since it's just in my bathroom! :)

2. Tammy

Tammy TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    I love this!

minor nits - seems a bit off centered - would like to see the center of the window line up just a tad better with the.... well, actually ... I'm not sure what it is.... is it a crank?

Anyway - as far as the title/theme goes - seems like most of this applies to the inside - might be kinda nice to see something through - But.... without the title I don't think I'd be making the suggestion - I really like this as it is.

3. Picksure

Picksure TPF Noob!

I like the slightly blown out glass with the exposure of the frames :thumbup: . A nice day out side feeling, real cool. The crank handle bugs me, not sure why. Maybe move the handle 90° and/or 180° and try.

Not sure if a tad more light on the roll of TP would work or not. (would tell what room you are in) :)

I like it.

4. vonnagy

vonnagy have kiwi, will travel...

Photos NOT OK to edit
    very nice work here dan, i find this beautiful. Have you thought about a square crop?

5. Nytmair

Nytmair TPF Noob!

I would like to, but we need to have them as 8x10's for this project... Pretty stupid if you ask me, but I'm not the one giving out the grades :grumpy:

I'll see what I can do about that handle... but I don't think there's many options really...

thanks for the comments so far, keep em coming please!! :)

6. conch

conch TPF Noob!

very nice. minimal and elegant.

7. Artemis

Artemis Just Punked Himself

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Great work Nytmair, I really like it...cept that thing at the bottom bugs me tbh :S

8. craig

craig TPF Noob!

The glow from the window is out of this world. Good exposure. Try shooting the window horizontally. The wide focal length seems to be distorting the image. Given the size of most bathrooms it may be hard to avoid that.

9. Nytmair

Nytmair TPF Noob!

well i tried reshooting different compositions, and I really liked this direct full frame one...

what do you think?
    [​IMG]

10. Digital Matt

Digital Matt alter ego: Analog Matt

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Great shots dan. I agree about the square crop. This last one is nice, but I feel like it's a bit too tight. I think I would like the look of #1 with a crop. If you don't crop #1, I think I would burn the bottom so it's totally black.

Nice work! :D

11. leecheewei85

leecheewei85 TPF Noob!

Liked the second one more IMO..... but i'll prefer to see more black around the Window. it sort of gives a contrast between what is INSIDE and OUTSIDE...

By the way, the window seems very proportional!~ taking for instance both handles are parallel to each other!~ haha!~ quite cool...