The Windshield Shows

Sidewinder

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I was walking the streets of Munich again today, I came by the "Siegestor", which has basically been photographed to death, then there was this car standing around pretty close to it, but I also could just come up with angles that had also been photographed to death.
I finally thought, I'd combine the car and the "Siegestor" into one picture.
It's probably not really exceptional, but better than the usual clichés, I guess!

The Windshield Shows:

The_Windshield_Shows_by_MrRichards.jpg

Sebastian

Pretty neat shot. Not sure if I love the focus... I wonder how it would have been if car and buildings were both in focus...

I'm trying to figure out what kind of car that is... almost certainly a brit. I swear every person who has a brit car installs that steering wheel.

Thanks for your comments.
I really did some experimenting and decided for the picture, with the building out of focus. When it's all in focus, it looks like this:

Old_And_New_by_MrRichards.jpg

Not the same angle, but I guess, it's enough for comparing.
The car is an Austin Healey, by the way.

Sebastian

I like it - good job.

I like the second one, too, but I see what you mean about the focus. The car and building are both fighting for it, and I'm undecided of the winner.

Is "that car" an Austin Healy? The dash and lack of rollup windows brings back memories......

Nice shot BTW.

Thanks a lot!
Yep, the car is an Austin Healey, it looked incredibly cool and even though I am not a real big fan of cars nor really interested in shooting them, I just had to go and integrate it in some photographs, it was screaming for it.
While I was making the shots, I heard some rumbling behind me, looking back, a Ferrari had just pulled in parking position right behind the Healey.
Seems like the nice weather drew out many people with expensive cars yesterday! ;)

About the focus: sometimes you just gotta make the choice, what you wanna emphasize.

^^^ I knew it was a Brit. 10 points! :)

That second shot/crop kicks ass dude.

That has everything that I thought was not quite there on the first one. Really interesting to, too... it's fascinating to me to see how a seemingly simple change brings so much more to the pic.

I get...
  • "I'm a traveller, and look what I see!"
  • "I travel in style in my Austin Healy..."
  • "This is about the scene, not the car... but damn, you gotta admit that car is hawt."
  • "Look where I've been!" (rear view mirror)
  • "I need to buy some new door hinges because mine are wearing out... stupid British sports cars." :lmao:
(You can see the gap on the door there... seriously looks like he needs new hinges... common problem with older cars. Can you tell I've had some experience with British sports cars? :lol:)

Really awesome shot. Thanks for sharing it.

^^^ I knew it was a Brit. 10 points! :)

That second shot/crop kicks ass dude.

That has everything that I thought was not quite there on the first one. Really interesting to, too... it's fascinating to me to see how a seemingly simple change brings so much more to the pic.

I get...
  • "I'm a traveller, and look what I see!"
  • "I travel in style in my Austin Healy..."
  • "This is about the scene, not the car... but damn, you gotta admit that car is hawt."
  • "Look where I've been!" (rear view mirror)
  • "I need to buy some new door hinges because mine are wearing out... stupid British sports cars." :lmao:
(You can see the gap on the door there... seriously looks like he needs new hinges... common problem with older cars. Can you tell I've had some experience with British sports cars? :lol:)

Really awesome shot. Thanks for sharing it.

Haha, GREAT POSTING!!
It really put a broad, dumb grin on my face, not only because you like the shot, but mostly because you really put the feel of the photograph into five distinct (and FUNNY) points! :thumbup:
I personally still prefer the first shot, because of the aforementioned problem of the car and the building somehow competing for the attention of the viewer and I am not sure, if that is not a bit too much.
But then again, you can see how different taste and perception are - and if the second shot is doing it for you, then I couldn't be more happy to share it!

P.S. I just sold my own car, but hell, with that Austin Healey, I could get weak again...not that I could afford it! ;)

Most reactions

Back