the winged rats

nightshade

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
why is it that the sight of a pigeon in new york city stirs such feelings of disgust?

the "flying rats" are treated as pests, but am i alon one who finds beauty in them? their luminescent colors, though not represented by the pictures that follow, glint in the sunshine like gems, and their flight patters amaze me.

the way they move when stirred and settle again, all too elegent for a "rat with wings."

on a recent trip into NYC, i encoutered in a back alley of chelsea a particular flock of pigeons which i immediatly sent my girlfriend running into. hat follows is the best two images captured from that experience, shot in daylight with 400 speed tri-x

Scan10063.jpg

Scan10064.jpg

WOW, these are awesome! i love the tones and grain in these. i'm not interested in hanging out with them, but i do find them fascinating at times too. :)

sorry i missed this one.

Well, they're messy, of course - I guess that's why they get a bad rap. But I love them, their boldness and how different and beautiful they all are. :) Their presence makes the city all the more beautiful, adds life and soul. :thumbup:

Very cool shots. Good old Tri-X 400! I love all that motion in the second shot. :D

Most reactions

New Topics

Back