THE WORLD came to my place!

LaFoto

Just Corinna in real life
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
This weekend was the weekend of the International Folklore Festival in the neighbourging town. As much in the back of beyond as we may be, the world still comes to see us here once in every two years, when the Folklore Festival is on.

There were dancers from as far as NEW ZEALAND!

NEUSEELAND1_beimTrachtenfest.jpg

NEUSEELAND2_beimTrachtenfest.jpg

NEUSEELAND3_beimTrachtenfest.jpg

While I saw them performing yesterday night on the big outdoor stage - and tried my best with my little compact digital camera, which certainly has its limits in nighttime light conditions!, I saw them again in the big international parade through the streets of the neighbouring town today at noon:

NEUSEELAND1_beimUmzug.jpg

NEUSEELAND2_beimUmzug.jpg

NEUSEELAND3_beimUmzug.jpg

Today, however, I "committed JonMikal's crime": I had put the ISO to 200 (400 is the highest) yesterday to get the nighttime pics without flash and had forgotten to put it back today... :er: Hence the poor quality.

Sorry for presenting you photos that won't make you say "Ah, wow, so good". Please bear with me...

Teehee, Surrealist, thanks for saying what I said no one would say :D.

Yes, it always is a wonderful cultural experience, and for the next couple of days to come I can come up with photos of dancers from New Zealand (see above), Taiwan, Ile de la Réunion, Cyprus, Italy, France, Holland and various German groups :).

And in case I should go all crazy, I could scan the photos that I took on the occasion 4 years ago (we missed the one 2 years ago and still did not live in the area 6 years ago). ;)

Nothing wrong with the daylight shots despite the Iso setting, seems to be a bit of white ballance mixup though in the nightshots, but under the curcumstances posed, a great effort. Ernie

Thanks, Ernie.
Yes, for the first time I tried to find out some "viable" manual settings for the circumstances on Saturday night... The camera is too small, and its flash even smaller, to cover an area such as the one that presented itself, so I HAD to find some solution where I could take photos handheld and without flash...

Would anyone like to see any other photos of the event?
I think I better ask, since few people seem to be interested in my photos at all...

I would love to see more photos!
I think you did a great job of capturing the maori spirit. They are awesome people!! The last couple, the portraits, are gorgeous. And the framing of your first daylight one is just spot on!

Great work... please show us more.

nice shoot lafoto, i would love for something like this to come to my town, looks like a great day, but i think that someone should have told them they have spelled new zealand wrong :)

What? Can't see anything wrong in the spelling :greenpbl: ;) !!!

Yes, it is a great event for a place as small and unimportant as that one with some 12.000 inhabitants only - and yet that place is also the venue for Germany's largest open air rock concert every year on the second weekend of June!!!
(http://www.prosieben.de/music_cd/artikel/12857/)

Today I will hand in my seven rolls of film that I also exposed on the occasion and am still hoping for at least one really good photo out of them. There ought to be ONE out of 550 or so photos :roll: !!!!

OK, in another thread I might "take you to Taiwan" (and at least the spelling of that country's name will be right, dalebe ;) ).

Thanks, John, for coming and looking and even commenting. Much, much appreciated :)
Hopefully the SLR produced some good results, too. We'll have to wait and see.

Great shots LaFoto. I really like the last two.

Thanks, Chiller. Would you also want to see the dancers from Ile de la Réunion?

Yes, Raymond, it is quite a big thing for that small place :).
OK, in due course, the dancers from Ile de la Réunion will be "dancing here". Thanks all for looking so far :D.

Most reactions

Back