The World is Our Trash Can

DeepSpring

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.joshualights.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I was out taking a walk and I saw all this trash on the ground and thought it was just disgusting and horrible how much people litter and the lack of caring the the environment people show these days. So i decided to document it. Any C&C would be great.

trashstump.jpg

trashstumpcloseup.jpg

trashflower.jpg

trashhill.jpg

sorry about photobuckets resize on those 2

I like your idea but the photos don't show me a lot of litter unless LA is a very clean city.

I'm really not sure what #1 is but it looks like a discarded tire with a bit of litter in it. #2 is a bit out of focus and shows only a few pieces of litter. #3 is a bit out of focus and shows only one piece of something. #4 is a bit blown out on the one side and I don't really care for the tilt. I think #4 would have been your best shot to show litter but I think an untilted look would have been better.

That being said I like the concept and I will agree 100% that people are slobs when it comes to litter and I think you could show that. I myself would like to see more litter in the photos. Maybe even some B&W to make the photo really stand out.

Good job!

#1 was actually a tree stump, I saw it and it looked almost like a trash can to me, a natural one, which inspired me to do these. #3 I was trying to do the "classic" flower shot but with trash on it insted. I'm going to try and pursue this idea further. Thank you for the reply.

Of them all, I think #3 gets your point across the best. What should be a lovely wildflower scene is sullied by the trash thrown in. That one worked the best for me.

It's depressing subject matter, but you are doing well to try to document it and raise awareness. Keep it up! :thumbup:

I find that disgusting and i can honestly say im not a litter bug. yet im not a liberal.

It appears to me that many of these shots are not properly focused, some more than others. Your aperature may be too big and therefore your not getting a good depth of field, I would try again but shoot with a smaller aperature.

the SB cups is my fav, i totally agree... there should be a website where photographers put up pictures of litterers so their family can see.....

Most reactions

New Topics

Back