The World Through One (Crappy) Lens - Game On! (Nikon Only)

Thats true, and being that the 28-80 nikkor is considered a considerably sharp lens, that may not be the best lens to use. I own one and am surprised every day with the results that it brings in. Lens_Review.

Mark

I've read that review, it's the reason i bought the lens. It's also really really cheap and there are loads going so it's not like anyone couldn't get one. You are right of course somebody would steal it just to see what everyone else would do.

The in focus lens in the middle there would also be a good one to use if anyone has that, less fun as it's a fixed focal length.

Is that your photo? If not, you should probably have left a link instead of posting someone elses photo.

That being said, I am willing to search around for another crappy F-mount Nikon lens if the people here still are interested in doing something like this. If you could PM me or post here if you are still interested, I will see how many replies I get and see if I can find something. I would like to say, though, that I think if someone out of the US should want the lens, they should pay shipping to them and to the next person as I dont think it is fair that the person getting it shipped to them should have to pay more shipping because they were unlucky enough to get the lens after someone not in the US.

Mark

Is that your photo? If not, you should probably have left a link instead of posting someone elses photo.

It's mine not to worry ;)

I'm up for it, I'm in the UK though I am afraid ;)

I'm in also. I started reading this thread a few weeks ago, got all excited about this, then read that someone stole/didn't ship the lens. Pretty crappy if I may say so myself. But yea, I would love to do something like this!

Would you be willing to donate that there lens into this project? :)

Yeah why not, incase you couldn't make it out it is one of these.

Let's get a nice and willing list of people who will actually send it places :)

Sorry, I dont know much about older style Nikon Lenses, but will this mount on the newer DSLRs? Well, D40 and up? Dont worry about metering, focus, etc. But will it mount okay? I think a new thread is in order. Would everyone like me to make one? I PMd the OP about it and he never got back to me whether it would be okay for me to make another thread..but I think one is in order.

Mark

It works fine in Manual on a D40, just tried it! The D40 looks so cool with the smaller primes on it, they get dwarfed by most cameras and look dumb... :)

Sorry, I dont know much about older style Nikon Lenses, but will this mount on the newer DSLRs? Well, D40 and up? Dont worry about metering, focus, etc. But will it mount okay? I think a new thread is in order. Would everyone like me to make one? I PMd the OP about it and he never got back to me whether it would be okay for me to make another thread..but I think one is in order.

Mark

This isn't my thread, but I say lets make a new one and get a new list of people that would like to do it. I think its an awesome idea, and would love to take part in it.

Is this still running?

we only got to #4...
I would be fairly interested in giving it a shot.

Most reactions

Back