the world's 2nd ugliest 4x5 camera

mysteryscribe

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
retrophotoservice.2ya.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I thought I would show you what I shoot with sometimes. The world's ugliest is in the hospital awaiting a lens transplant. I have learned one thing about working on old camera's..... never have your new kidney sent ups.
2ndugliest4x5.jpg

I think it looks amazing..... :lovey: I hope to play with one some day!

mysteryscribe said:
Total cost of that camera build was about 25 bucks including the camera and materials to do the job.
How much for the mule to carry it?!? :irked:

:lol:

Truth is I don't plan to take it off a tripod period. Im looking for an old wooden one I can permenantly attach to it.

But I will tell you this, girls love to look through my big lens. Unfortuantely they ask if I bought it new.....:(

I know this of little interest to anyone else but... I got the new lens in for teh world's truly ugliest 4x5 camera and the shutter is toast. I chopped some more on the lens board and it's back to the old polaroid lens. I will have to make a picture of it when it is finished drying.

I cemented (we dont like to say glued) the lens in place. Now I just have to wait for it to cure (we dont like to say dry)

Well there are two guys who build the cameras but I sell the do it yourself cd on ebay. Razzle dog and some guy in california sell them for up to 400 bucks. The worlds truly ugliest is a 4x5 on a pack film frame with a roll film lens and shutter. A truly strange looking camera. It will be ready tomorrow, Ill put a picture up when it is. I need to seal the lens since I took it off then put it back on. Also need to do something to hide they ugliness of it.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back