The World's Best Salesman

Discussion in 'Off Topic Chat' started by drlynn, May 4, 2004.

1. drlynn

drlynn TPF Noob!

The CEO of a major retailer walks up to his building one morning headed for his office. As he approaches, a man walks up to him and says,"Are you looking for a salesman? All I've ever wanted to be was a salesman. I know if you give me a chance, I'll be the best salesman in the world"

The CEO tries to get rid of the man, but the fellow is very persistent, so finally the CEO gives the man 10 large boxes.

"These are our worst ever selling toothbrushes. If you can sell these by tomorrow morning, you have a job."

"Oh, thank you, thank you! You won't be disappointed! I'll be the world's best salesman, I just know it!" And off he goes.

The next morning as the CEO walks toward his office, the man meets him with a brown paper bag. "Here's the money I made from those toothbrushes!"

"You sold all those toothbrushes in one day?"

"Sure did! I told you to give me a chance, and I'd be the world's best salesman!"

"Come with me, young man," the CEO says, and heads in the door.

He hurriedly calls a meeting of his Board of Directors and introduces the man.

"This young man is the most amazing salesman I've ever met. He sold more toothbrushes in one day than our staff did in a month! I want to make him the head of our sales department, and I want him to share some of his sales techniques with us now."

The man clears his throat and begins,"Well, I went up to the airport, and I set up a booth. When people passed by, I would say,'Please try my free chips and dip.' They would step up, grab a chip, dip it in the bowl, pop it in their mouth, spit it back out and say,'This dip tastes like s**t!'

And I would say, 'It is! It is! Want to buy a toothbrush?"

2. TwistMyArm

TwistMyArm TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    :smileys:

3. Mitica100

Mitica100 Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    Ha ha ha... Good one! :D :D