The yellow tree

I'm going to be the first to defend rob in a sense.

Rob, I think that you're not completely off with this picture. It definately has the ability to be a good photo. IN my opinion all you really need to work on is the focus and a new composition. Get those to things right and this picture will be spot on.

I think its out of focus.

but anyway why post a photo and ask for comments but when someone asks you to comment your reply is always along the lines of "I'm saying nothing"

So why post??

and if the rude replies continue I will just delete the thread

How is this difficult to figure out? I didn't start this thread to explain my picture to all of you, I started it to ask for your comments.

If you have rules about being courteous around here you should probably explain them to the other posters before me.

How is this difficult to figure out? I didn't start this thread to explain my picture to all of you, I started it to ask for your comments.

If you have rules about being courteous around here you should probably explain them to the other posters before me.

If that's the case, then I'm confused as to why you have more than 1 post in this thread. According to the above post, you should only have the original post and then everybody's comments.

Rob91, you are a true arteeeest or just like to stir the pot.

But my opinion, I prefer to see something in focus.

If that's the case, then I'm confused as to why you have more than 1 post in this thread. According to the above post, you should only have the original post and then everybody's comments.

Why are you confused? I was responding to some comments on my photo...different than explaining it.

I don't like it. I can see this when I check the mail on a rainy day, not to mention it's out of focus. One of the beauties about many trees is the detail and this is just blurry blobs of color.

well, it is quite easy to do this to every photo I have ever taken... but it would only work on a handful.

It does not work on this one for me at all on this one. it does not create any other emotion but "ugh, out of focus" .. it looks a bit like taken through a wet windscreen of a car as well.

I know I'm overdue for my next eye exam, but geez.

"ugh, out of focus" was spot on for this photo. :thumbdown:

However, if the point was to get multple replies? :thumbup:

I don't like it. I can see this when I check the mail on a rainy day, not to mention it's out of focus. One of the beauties about many trees is the detail and this is just blurry blobs of color.

What's wrong with blurry blobs of color?

I know what it means, I would just be so surprised to receive a compliment.

If "bokeh" is a known word, would "sarcasm" also be another known one then?

Rob, your photos do not stand on their own. Sorry.
You may be playing with creating something ABSTRACT, with working with the colours and their patterns more than "naturalism" (which happens to be the essence of photography), and you might believe you are on the fast track towards art by simply NOT focusing, but - sorry - it does not work. Certainly not with this photo. If only the colours were STRONG, but they aren't. If the patterns were PATTERNS, but we can see too well this is a river, bank, trees, sky in the left upper corner (washed out grey).

This is only just a totally out-of-focus snap which makes most of us wish we could get hold of our glasses at last.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back