The Zoo

Aoide

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.photine.net
I went to the zoo last week. I couldn't get as close to the animals as I would have liked (sometimes physically and sometimes with camera lens available) but I managed to get some shots of the animals that I liked anyway.

30227395-M.jpg

30227397-M.jpg

30227398-M.jpg

I really like the shot of the koala! Looks like you had a good visit!

the first is just great... i love it... the giraff looks colorful....great job, aoide....
like photogal said, you can see whiskers...and eyelashes...love that pic..

Thanks everyone. It was an interesting visit. It was the first time I had been to the Houston Zoo after living in Houston for 10 years. I was shamed into going to the zoo after befriending a zoo keeper through my text blog. It's a long story, but nothing could really compare to the zoo of my childhood and my first time I went to a non-childhood zoo it was pretty bad. But the Houston Zoo was nice and green with lots of trees and HOT. I'm glad I went though. All of this (I'm wordy in case you didn't know :chatty: ) to say that my main focus wasn't to take pictures, but to visit. I'm glad these pictures did come out though. Thanks again everyone for the comments.

Aoide said:

I'm so sad. :cry: I just found out that Amali, this giraffe died in August. I have no idea how I missed this news from 6 months ago, but I did.

This picture means so much more to me now. It was taken about a month before she died.

Awww. What a pity!
(And hey, I missed these pictures when you posted them first last year in July!!!!!!!)
I am glad you had a chance to honour her with this brilliant photo of her!

Great shots. The first is brilliant.

Most reactions

Back