Theme - Shallow DOF

Oh, I thought you switched to film. It has a film look.

I did! This was my digital backup. If you think it looks like film then obviously I'm doing this right. :D Thanks!!
Ok. I was talking about first glance on the phone app. You said you were switching to film, I was impressed. I guess you were not truley committed. You made it seem like you were.

DOF.jpg

Ok. I was talking about first glance on the phone app. You said you were switching to film, I was impressed. I guess you were not truley committed. You made it seem like you were.

I guess I don't know what you mean by truly committed. Shooting film is part of my business these days. I have a budget for film and development for each session, I invested a lot of film equipment, I market myself as a hybrid photographer. However, I still shoot digital back up. There are so many variables that are out of my control that I cant risk and not shoot digital back up , especially when I accept money.

I guess I don't know what you mean by truly committed. Shooting film is part of my business these days. I have a budget for film and development for each session, I invested a lot of film equipment, I market myself as a hybrid photographer. However, I still shoot digital back up. There are so many variables that are out of my control that I cant risk and not shoot digital back up , especially when I accept money.
I just misunderstood a post you made some time ago.

Foreground is a .58 cal civil war era minie ball. Background are 3 very old dropped round balls ( all 4 are old bullets )

View attachment 148259

Mom has a bunch of the minnie balls - my great grandparents had a farm in the area where "The Wilderness" battle was fought - they dug up a few of guns and other stuff in the fields.

Foreground is a .58 cal civil war era minie ball. Background are 3 very old dropped round balls ( all 4 are old bullets )

View attachment 148259

Mom has a bunch of the minnie balls - my great grandparents had a farm in the area where "The Wilderness" battle was fought - they dug up a few of guns and other stuff in the fields.

One of my other hobbies is metal detecting. I have many I have found over the years. I love the fact of knowing the last person to hold them was either hunting to feed their family, or it was fired/dropped in the heat of battle to save a life.

Le sigh.

I only have my phone with me at the moment (well, the K1000, but those pictures won't be ready for a while). The phone has a "selective focus" option, but apparently, those images are larger for whatever reason, and I can't upload any of them here.

I'll have to wait until tomorrow to start posting :(

Most reactions

Back