THEME: TLR Thursday!

I think I posted this one before.....got it for $1. Love those garage, flea markets and church rummage sales.......!

God I love film!!!!!!!!
Do you have 35 mm insert for it ?

Nope....neat they made one for it, I'll ask the super collector I know....this guy has no clue how many cameras he has just that it fills a 2-car garage.

Really digging these weekly Theme's..................................:hail:

I admit, I stole the idea from a facebook group I belong to, but it's a great way to actually have some posts in here. I think this Monday's going to be either Medium Format Monday or Mamiya Monday. Any votes for either?

Hmmm...I'm kind of partial to Mamiya Monday (see The Beast above ;) ) But Medium-format Monday is good too. I say we start posting pictures taken with the cameras we post, too. I want to see what other people are doing with these beauties.

Oooh I like this idea.

This one's still on the sick list with a broken shutter spring for 1/100 sec. It's the only true TLR in my bunch and not a very well built one.

$024.JPG

Came up with this before it stuck open. Looks like the viewing lens is out of sync with the taking lens a little.

$img047sz.jpg

I only saved my favorite -- the baby.

Joe

$baby.jpg

I was talking with Ed, the owner of Hollywood Camera since 1953 this very Tuesday, about the baby Rolleiflex...he told me that there is now 127 film available, but the price is very high per roll.

https://local.yahoo.com/info-21961924-hollywood-camera-store-portland

In about the 5th frame, Ed appears to be winding film on a Yashica TLR. This is the kind of old store that compur's house probably looks like...

Four frames from my Yashica 635. The first the Yaquina Bay Bridge, in Newport, Oregon at twilight in the spring of 2012, shot on expired Ektachrome, the first roll of film I had run through the camera since 1987, the year I bought it. Yaquina is pronounce yuh-KWINNN-uh, with emphasis on the second syllable. The old beauty was begun in 1934, and is 3,260 feet across. Yaquina Bay Bridge - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

156625510.jpg

[ 2012_0526-FRAME9-NEWPORT.jpg photo - Derrel photos at pbase.com ]

Flash forward to May of 2014, and a scene from the beach at Taft, Oregon, just north of the mouth of the Siletz River. These are the roots of a tree that was probably logged in the 1920's. My guess is western red cedar.
156625513.jpg

[ 2014_0425-YASH-004_WEB_2200x.jpg photo - Derrel photos at pbase.com ]

And another interesting place, Oregon's D River; often considered "the world's shortest river", it runs from Devil's Lake, under a small bridge over Highway 101, and then a short distance to the Pacific Ocean. In October, in as little as 4 to 6 inches of water, schools of coho salmon enter from the ocean surf and blast their way through the shallow waters in pods of 5 to 30 fish at a time, their backs often halfway out of the water, to repeat the spawning cycle that has existed here for centuries.
156625518.jpg

[ 2014_0425-YASH-02-D River-WEB_2200x.jpg photo - Derrel photos at pbase.com ]
D-river world's shortest - Google Search

Two first-time-ever clam diggers pose with their bag limits of 36 clams each, which by law MUST BE carried in separate containers for each clam digger. Highway 101 wayside parking, Siletz Bay at Cutler.

156625516.jpg

[ 2014_0425-YASH-011_SM_WEB.jpg photo - Derrel photos at pbase.com ]

Last edited:
I missed out!! It's Friday now. :(

I will be sure to post in the next round...AND I will be able to post in Mamiya Monday. :mrgreen:

I think I posted this one before.....got it for $1. Love those garage, flea markets and church rummage sales.......!

God I love film!!!!!!!!
Do you have 35 mm insert for it ?

Nope....neat they made one for it, I'll ask the super collector I know....this guy has no clue how many cameras he has just that it fills a 2-car garage.
Those inserts are usually unused, forgotten and lost. For someone, who doesn't specifically know, what is it, it looks like nothing he can figure out the purpose. And then usually one buys 6x6 TLR to shoot 120 film. :D

Four frames from my Yashica 635. The first the Yaquina Bay Bridge, in Newport, Oregon at twilight in the spring of 2012, shot on expired Ektachrome, the first roll of film I had run through the camera since 1987, the year I bought it. Yaquina is pronounce yuh-KWINNN-uh, with emphasis on the second syllable. The old beauty was begun in 1934, and is 3,260 feet across. Yaquina Bay Bridge - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

[ 2012_0526-FRAME9-NEWPORT.jpg photo - Derrel photos at pbase.com ]

Flash forward to May of 2014, and a scene from the beach at Taft, Oregon, just north of the mouth of the Siletz River. These are the roots of a tree that was probably logged in the 1920's. My guess is western red cedar.
156625513.jpg

[ 2014_0425-YASH-011_SM_WEB.jpg photo - Derrel photos at pbase.com ]

LOVE this beach shot in Taft............put me in a trance. I got a color shot similar to this I took in Florida......I'll try and dig it out.

I missed out!! It's Friday now. :(

I will be sure to post in the next round...AND I will be able to post in Mamiya Monday. :mrgreen:

Hey, Friday is close enough. Post! :)

I'll wait for Monday to post pictures from the C330 (plus I might have a few new ones to choose from since I had the Beast out on Wednesday). But here are two from the Lubitel that haven't been posted here on TPF (I think anyway. Can't remember) :

Day 342 - Falls wider angle by limrodrigues, on Flickr

I love being able to get really low angles with a TLR:

Day 342 - Stream by limrodrigues, on Flickr

There are a few more in this album that were posted on TPF in various threads, including double exposures (both intended and unintended) https://www.flickr.com/photos/51692918@N05/sets/72157635305392104/

Maybe we should sticky these for let's see, Coop got Thursdays going, Terri's got Mondays covered... SLR Sat./Sundays??

Last edited:

Most reactions

Back