"Theodora" by G.F. Händel - more photos of the rehearsals (many!)

LaFoto

Just Corinna in real life
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
When you look at these, keep in mind that I had no influence on neither the position where I was with the camera (row five in the centre church pews, where there was my "desk"), nor on the pose of the singers, since they were singing at the time. I did take advantage of the given stage lights for these photos, and I used a very high ISO, the effects of which I suppressed with NeatImage where it worked.

Some studies of "Irene", leader of the Christian group in Antioch

ireneprobefreitag24nov0601filtered.jpg

ireneprobefreitag24nov0602filtered.jpg

ireneprobefreitag24nov0603filtered.jpg

ireneprobefreitag24nov0604filtered.jpg

ireneprobefreitag24nov0605filtered.jpg

A bit of play with her expression as well as the shadows given by the stage lights ... ;)

ireneprobefreitag24nov0606filtered.jpg

ireneprobefreitag24nov0607filtered.jpg

ireneprobefreitag24nov0608filtered.jpg

Irene and Theodora in their duett of controversy (Theodora wants to run and save her lover Didimus while Irene thinks she best stay in hiding with the Christian group ... guess who won?)

irenetheodoraprobefreitag24nov0601filtered.jpg

irenetheodoraprobefreitag24nov0603filtered.jpg

irenetheodoraprobefreitag24nov0602filtered.jpg

Theodora alone

irenetheodoraprobefreitag24nov0604filtered.jpg

irenetheodoraprobefreitag24nov0605filtered.jpg

And to round this thread off (kind of) ... a portrait photo of Septimius, best friend of Didimus, Theodora's lover ... and then I'll have to start a new thread for the last couple of photos that I have and feel like showing you:

septimiusprobedonnerstag23nov2006.jpg

Next thread coming...

I really like #8 with the multiple shadows, great stuff

Ah, thanks Andy for a comment.
This piece, the music, the storyline, the entire production, all the work before the soloists came as well as with the soloists and in the end the performance meant (and still mean) ever sooooooooooooooo much to me! More so than photos or words can convey.
Therefore I thought "Will never anyone pass any comment on my performance-on-stage-pics at all?" and was about to become quite sad.

But here is your comment. Ah! :hug::

OF COURSE these photos cannot mean even a fraction to you as they mean to me: I look at them and HEAR them ... as it were. And feel them.

I would of replied earlier today but as we are short staffed at work I can't get on much during the day

They need a recording to go with them so we can hear everything! Even so, you captured some great expressions and you can tell how into their characters they were here!

Most reactions

Back