Therapeutic Photography

AIRIC

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.airic.ca
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Tonight was just one of those nights I needed to break the old workweek routine. After picking my wife up, she could sense something was wrong with me like all wives can, we drove home. Now, we have seven people in our household and I was really feeling like I needed some space so during dinner I announced I was going to hit the road and see if I could capture a few shots before the sun goes down. My wife knew I needed out and let me go.

I really wanted some flying shots of the Osprey I found on the weekend so I wound the 5 speed Mazda 3 out on the back roads up to where the nest was. It felt great and I had not driven like that in awhile. Zoom! Zoom! Well, the Osprey was there but bedded down for the night and this was about all I got.

osprey20064251316copy.jpg

After freezing for about a half hour waiting for him to fly I decided I was loosing the sun and decided to race down to the Meteor I had shot in the rain over the past weekend as I knew the sun would be in the right position. As you can see I made it just in time.

meteor20064250114copy.jpg

With only a few minutes to spare I worked the car over fast

meteor20064250131copy.jpg

meteor20064250119copy.jpg

meteor20064250128copy.jpg

meteorburn20064250115copy.jpg

With the last sunrays I banged off a few of the neglected Oldsmobile sitting next to the Meteor.
meteor20064250136copy.jpg

The scene across the road from the cars
durham20064250154copy.jpg

Last flight of the day
durham20064251322copy.jpg

Just when I thought my shooting was over for the day I had to do a fast U-turn and go back to capture this scene.
durham20064250147copy.jpg

Just one more before I headed back home to my wife
durham20064250156copy.jpg

After a weekend of rain and two gruelling days at work I really felt I was on withdrawals from shooting and the one and a half hours I was out did wonders for me as I came back feeling great and refreshed. I’m so glad my wife is so understanding and she knows I always return as soon as the sun goes down :) …and she lets me work on my photos when I get home. Can’t beat digital for instant gratification.

Cheers,

Eric

Great series and nice commentary to really share the feel of the day. Its amazing how such simple things can go so far towards making you feel better and its wonderful your wife understands.

Thanks! I have to say the more I look at those Meteor shots the more impressed I am. You can't beat using the last rays of sun. I usually don't pat myself on the back but I'm really impressed with the car shots.

Eric

as always, these shots are really great. you have an amazing eye and offer such inspiration to those of us who are still learning the "sport" of photography

What a great series. I especially like the car shots (and especially #2 and 4), with the soft light of the setting sun reflecting off it. Still looking forward to some osprey shots, though!

Another great series Eric. I'm lovin' all the Meteor shots and the one of the Farm house/barn. Great stuff!! :thumbsup:

Very impressive again, and I am happy to hear how happy this little tour made you. So you have "your own" spots you go visit regularly, hoping that the photos you get out of them THIS TIME will be better again? I try the same, but with less good an outcome. Those Meteor shots ARE very, very good, and my favourite of those is your Photo 5 of this series. I really like that one VERY much, though that shows least that it is a Meteor (other than to car enthusiasts, which I am not).

And I so understand why you HAD TO turn round to get back to that farm in the evening light, reflected in the flooded meadows around it! I would have turned for that one, too!!!

Awesome series Eric. All of the meteor pics look terrific.........as do the others. But the car shots are just amazing. Top job :thumbup: :)

Thanks again. I feel very refreshed after last nights shoot, just what I needed. Lots of sun today so I hope to shoot a little more on my travels for work.

Eric

some time out with the camera is the way to go :thumbsup: and having a family that accepts that? its probably all you could want... you have a cool wife and family eric :)

looks like you caught some really sweet light... thanks for documenting your time
happy shooting :)

what more I can say to this series??

Excellent shots..all shots very neat..

awesome series eric, amazing how therapeutic it can be... really enjoyed the meteor shots and that barn shot... :thumbup:

Mansi said:
some time out with the camera is the way to go :thumbsup: and having a family that accepts that? its probably all you could want... you have a cool wife and family eric :)

looks like you caught some really sweet light... thanks for documenting your time
happy shooting :)

I have been married 15 years and it keeps getting better. I lucked out the first time :hugs: We are a perfect match.

Eric

Most reactions

New Topics

Back