There is a snowy in my area.

Discussion in 'Nature & Wildlife' started by pjaye, Dec 30, 2017.

1. pjaye

pjaye TPF Supporters Supporting Member

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    So I went looking for it yesterday. No luck, but so many hawks around. Today, decided to take my camera with me grocery shopping. Driving home, looked up and slammed the breaks. It took about three seconds for my brain to realize that white head/yellow beak, it's an eagle! As you can tell, heavy snow when I stopped. DSC_3956.jpg DSC_3962.jpg

I can't figure out my bird luck. How there is a snowy in the area, and I find an eagle. Headed home, dropped everything off and decided to do one more run for the snowy........ DSC_3973.jpg DSC_3976.jpg

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. ZombiesniperJr

ZombiesniperJr Been spending a lot of time on here!

Photos OK to edit
    Great set very happy you got it looks like a juvenile male will you still be coming up later this winter?

3. pjaye

Photos OK to edit
    Of course! I look forward every year to spending a weekend with my favorite zombie family.

• Like Like x 1
  4. TonyBallas

TonyBallas TPF Noob!

Oh yeah! It is great to spot a Bald Eagle out of no where. A year and a half ago we had one in the area we lived by New Creek, Creek in Keyser, West Virginia. Got a shoot of it in a tree with the carcass of a duck, after spotting it from our porch. Needless to say, we lived with just the street in between us and the Creek. Great shots you got! Both of the snowy and the eagle, Awesome!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. pjaye

Photos OK to edit
    Thank you. I'm the photographer with the snowy curse. There can be 20 in my area and they all leave when I show up. So to get an eagle (which I've only seen a handful of times in the wild) and a snowy just made for a perfect day.

• Like Like x 1
  6. BrentC

BrentC Been spending a lot of time on here!

Photos OK to edit
    Great set Barb! I have gone out a couple times for snowys and no luck yet. But to get an eagle and snowy maybe your luck had changed. We will need to do another Algonquin run for Pune Martin's and moose.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. pjaye

Photos OK to edit

Thank you. And yes we do. I'm supposed to finally get my car back end of next week. This rental car I have sucks in the snow. This was the first time in 4 years that I wasn't at Algonquin on Christmas days. But I just didn't trust the kia I have to make it there.

• Like Like x 1