There is nothing pretty about pain

Pain isn't so bad. it gives us focus, it makes us stronger.
maybe im just projecting my tastes though.

my sister lives in Australia.
shes always getting pictures taken of herself.
Shes moved a few times down there, but if shes close to your area ill have to send her your way.
it would be the best photo shes ever had done.

Shes moved a few times down there, but if shes close to your area ill have to send her your way.
Thanks

I'm based 2 hrs outside/from Melbourne in a little place called Talbot...I'd happily take her picture....:)

My "taste?" No, perhaps it's not. Not in the sense that I probably wouldn't choose a print of this to hang in my home.

But it IS interesting and compelling. It's artistic and it's extremely well conceived and accomplished.
This is the sort of image that would definitely grab my attention in an art exhibit, in a good way.

Thanks

I'm based 2 hrs outside/from Melbourne in a little place called Talbot...I'd happily take her picture....:)

shes in Sydney.
met some nice chap that was vacationing over here and liked him enough to move to Australia when he went back.
they've been together a few years now.
ive never met the guy, but hes got a beard so...he must be ok.

Well if she ever has the urge to head across the border with her bearded partner....I gladly dust off the camera and take their pics

It is hard to see the person behind the skeletal makeup, and the overlay you've given the image, but perhaps that's the point. Pain can mask who we are. Pain is also one of those things that will reveal itself to others through how it affects the person.

Again, a very powerful image and your processing emphasizes when the makeup on the woman seems to indicate. I may be reading into the image more than you intended, but she looks tired to me, tired of feeling that pain that is affecting her life. She must have quite a story behind her choice of representing herself like that.

I'd also hang this on a wall, as long as I could print and frame it large enough :)

Thanks for sharing Chris!

It is hard to see the person behind the skeletal makeup, and the overlay you've given the image, but perhaps that's the point. Pain can mask who we are. Pain is also one of those things that will reveal itself to others through how it affects the person.

Again, a very powerful image and your processing emphasizes when the makeup on the woman seems to indicate. I may be reading into the image more than you intended, but she looks tired to me, tired of feeling that pain that is affecting her life. She must have quite a story behind her choice of representing herself like that.

Well Paul you are right on the money...this lady suffers from "chronic fatigue" and a condition where most mornings her body is in pain....

Most reactions

Back