There is something about this photo

bellacat

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.wildroseportraitphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
i know the lighting is way off but there is just something about this photo that i like but i can't pin point want it is exactly. I thought I would share anyway.

C&C is always welcome.

08740007.jpg

It's a nice image but just a shame it's way over exposed and the lighting is so harsh.

Use of fill flash might have helped a bit.

This is a composition problem.

You have two subjects on view, but they doesn't support each other.
Seems most important things happens outside.

Oh i totally agree on the lighting and exposure. I was at the park with my friend at mid afternoon and just happened to click this one. Still I'm attracted to it. I must be nuts. I wonder if there is anyway to do some photoshot magic to make it slightly better.

Oh i totally agree on the lighting and exposure. I was at the park with my friend at mid afternoon and just happened to click this one. Still I'm attracted to it. I must be nuts. I wonder if there is anyway to do some photoshot magic to make it slightly better.

Post a jpg without any post processing......

Here you go....untouched original image.

08740007-copy.jpg

the whites are blown out - increase your aperture a few stops and shoot it again. Unfortunately, this particular photo appears to be past saving with post processing. Do you use your over exposure highlighter and histogram?

Well, it seems like this particular photo cannot be re-taken, as the situation arose and passed within a second, and you captured that second, albeit with some technical errors. It might be the intensity of their looks and the fact that both, mother and child, seem so fascinated by the same thing outside the frame that attracts you to this photo (in addition to the fact that you KNOW these people and LIKE them, which makes a photo better in your eyes, naturally, than it does in the eyes of a neutral, distant viewer). I would believe that this is the certain something that attracts you: their joint "action" in how they look in the same direction.

Well, it seems like this particular photo cannot be re-taken, as the situation arose and passed within a second, and you captured that second, albeit with some technical errors. It might be the intensity of their looks and the fact that both, mother and child, seem so fascinated by the same thing outside the frame that attracts you to this photo (in addition to the fact that you KNOW these people and LIKE them, which makes a photo better in your eyes, naturally, than it does in the eyes of a neutral, distant viewer). I would believe that this is the certain something that attracts you: their joint "action" in how they look in the same direction.

+1

A very nice picture to put in your photo album, a nice picture of some friends of yours, but it just didn't speak to me in the way it did to you, except that I wondered what they were looking at.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back