There's a new sheriff in town

Yes she is terrific and nice old time set and ambience. The rifle however looks completely modern and doesn't fit. I'd skip it in the next sets.

I think you cropped both of the pictures tightly, a bit wider frame would help.. and maybe a bit different pp...

anyway jmo

It's Steampunk. That's one of those areas where you can do just about anything you want to.
It would work if you "dressed up" the rifle a bit, but as-is it looks like a bog-standard rifle of a completely different era than the rest of the scene. That said, it's a cool picture. Agree with the comments on cropping.

For "old west" style shots with a rifle, the only one to use is a 30-30 Lever action! :)
However, when you do a "old west" shoot with a modern rifle like that, then you end up with a great "FireFly" style photo. Which I love! :)

P.S.
I really hope you know what "FireFly" is!!!;)

Louis LA'mour would have loved to spin a yarn around this one. I loved the first shot, cropped fingers notwithstanding... :)

good pics despite the cropping and modern rifle

If you're considering copying the "Firefly" series, perhaps you should actually view a couple of episodes first.

Nobody on Firefly used a bolt-action firearm.

If you're considering copying the "Firefly" series, perhaps you should actually view a couple of episodes first.

Nobody on Firefly used a bolt-action firearm.

Episode 1 Jayne cover them while they made a deal with Patience, I think he had a bolt action. But it wasn't his gun, I'm sure he would have rather a Vera! ;)
Why did they have to cancel that show???:(

...and his name is Reggie Hammond!

I'm trying to remember if it was a scoped bolt-action.

And yes, it was not his to begin with.

Derrel must be the king of trivia.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back