There's this place called Grand Canyon...

Puscas

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
So, I'm not really a landscape type of guy, but I recently bought a new lens and yesterday I visited the Grand Canyon. It's against TPF-rules to not shoot and share in situations like these. And I haven't posted for far too long.
Let me know what you think. The things you like are probably caused by my new lens, what you don't like is all my fault.

grancanyon001.jpg

grancanyon006.jpg

grancanyon003.jpg

grancanyon007.jpg

grancanyon008.jpg

thanks for looking

pascal

Really great pics of a beautiful place. Wish I can go there in future. Would love to see it with my own eyes ( or lense).

great landscape shots. I love the all. what new lens did you get??

thanks guys. The new lens is my first L-lens...:drool:, the 17-40 f/4L (thread)

and MissMia, I still am in AZ. Red Rock Country and loving it.

pascal

thanks guys. The new lens is my first L-lens...:drool:, the 17-40 f/4L (thread)

and MissMia, I still am in AZ. Red Rock Country and loving it.

pascal

Congrats on the new lens! Can't wait to see your photos from Red Rock Country. Hope you enjoy your stay. Next time you are here we'll plan a meet up!

Beautiful! I love the third shot with the two humans in it! It's a little tilted at the top, but I like everything else about it! :thumbup:

LOVE this series! #1 is such a great overview (and aren't you the lucky one to get nice blue skies with fluffy clouds?) The tree jutting into the shot really adds something in #2, as do the two people in #3. The light in 1-4 is fantastic. I'm planning to go to the Grand Canyon for the first time in mid-Sept, and would be thrilled to get shots anywhere near as good as this.

LOVE this series! #1 is such a great overview (and aren't you the lucky one to get nice blue skies with fluffy clouds?) The tree jutting into the shot really adds something in #2, as do the two people in #3. The light in 1-4 is fantastic. I'm planning to go to the Grand Canyon for the first time in mid-Sept, and would be thrilled to get shots anywhere near as good as this.

thanks, we were there to see the sun set. It was beautiful to see the light play on the rocks. Oh and I'm pretty sure you'll come back with better pics than this. Enjoy your visit, you'll love it there (just stay away from the edges...:))

Dmitri: thanks. Yes, good eye, the pic is tilted. I didn't really see it before, thanks for pointing it out.

pascal

Great shots! Your lens is working very, very well for you.

Yavapai Point?

Beautiful series. The first is my fave of the lot.

Thanks guys, I really appreciate it.

Great shots! Your lens is working very, very well for you.

Yavapai Point?

Thanks. Yes, these were mostly Yavapai Point. We sat there for an hour to see the sun set.

pascal

Very very nice! I'm going up to the canyon Memorial Day weekend. Unfortunately I dropped my 17-50 this weekend, so not sure if I'll have it back in time (the AF stopped working). Will have to go between my UWA (10-20) and my tele.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back