These are photos using Color Efex Pro 4 - What do you think?

Parker219

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
These are all single images that I edited in Color Efex Pro 4. I can not remember all the exact filters, but color enhance and details enhance was used.

Are these a little "Well done"? Should I dial these back a little?

Anything else stand out to you?

Naples-Bay-Club-4.jpg

Naples-Bay-Club-3.jpg

Naples-Bay-Club-5.jpg

Sunset-day-Disney-68.jpg

Disney-Sunset-Test_pm.jpg

They look just slightly crispy to me...although I still really like the sunset photos at the end.

Did you use NIK through LR or PS? I always try to use PS so I can play with the opacity of the layers. A lot of the time when I use it, the I reduce the opacity of the NIK layers until it looks more natural.

For some of the these, I think Viveza 2 might be better. I'd probably use that for the Sunset pictures...you can set control points and then selectively play with saturation/contrast/structure/brightness/etc. It allows you to saturate certain parts/colors of the pictures while leaving the rest of the picture alone. That's probably the tact I would have used in the sunset photos...saturated the sky a little more (and maybe even have increased the structure a bit to make the clouds pop more), but left the rest of the photo a little more neutral.

1 and 2 look great, 3-4-5 are a little over done for my taste.

They look just slightly crispy to me...although I still really like the sunset photos at the end.

Did you use NIK through LR or PS? I always try to use PS so I can play with the opacity of the layers. A lot of the time when I use it, the I reduce the opacity of the NIK layers until it looks more natural.

For some of the these, I think Viveza 2 might be better. I'd probably use that for the Sunset pictures...you can set control points and then selectively play with saturation/contrast/structure/brightness/etc. It allows you to saturate certain parts/colors of the pictures while leaving the rest of the picture alone. That's probably the tact I would have used in the sunset photos...saturated the sky a little more (and maybe even have increased the structure a bit to make the clouds pop more), but left the rest of the photo a little more neutral.

Ok cool. Thank you for the feedback .

I use it through LR, but that is a good idea to use it in photoshop so I can mess with the opacity.

Just a quick glance and to me I think that 1, 2 and 3 have the KR filter applied while 3 and 4 have the TN filter :). I also installed the NIK package, but haven't used any of the filters, just the selective control points.

If you look at #1, #2, and #3 in the sky, you have a strong blue in one half of the sky leading in to a bleached out lighter blue or white in the other half--that screams of "post production filter" to me. For #4 and #5, I love the sunset shots but the color combination and dynamic range doesn't work for me. To get those sunset colors on the horizon (the purples for instance) it would need to be in the "blue hour" which would involve a much darker sky and clouds...so the horizon colors look saturated or artificial as a result.

^ I see what you mean about the sky going from blue to white. The white is obviously where the sun was. What is the best way to fix that now?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back