They Call me "Darling Verbal"

Verbal

$100
Reaction score
Okay, wish me luck! I'm going to finish my homework that's due at noon (yikes!), but on some ratty clothes, grab my camera, and head back to The Creek. I've always just called the whole area that... I live right at the base of a mountain, and most of it is owned by a family called the Mitchels. I have been going back there since I was knee-high to a grasshopper...it's such a beautiful spot. There's one part that's always been off-limits though... and I happen to know they have some REALLY old trucks up there just rotting in the woods. And I want pictures.

So guess who's gonna do a little trespassing today? :eyebrows:

I've got to follow the creek back quite a ways into the woods, then climb up a very large steep hill of loose dirt, and then I have to find the trucks. They're really far back and hidden well, and I haven't been up there in at least eight years.

So here goes nothin'!

*plunges headfirst into homework*

:hug:: wear clean drawers ... just in case

take bread crumbs ... just in case

here's my cell # .... (check your email)... just in case

Hurry back ...

let us know when you get home!

Love you much ...:mrgreen:

Thanks Carolyn! Haha, I'm gonna be in SUCH deep crap if I get caught! :lol:

Haha Nicole, you make it sound as if I might not come back! :lol:

*thinks about that*

:shock: eep! Maybe I'll stay home and drink hot cocoa...

Cant wait to see the pics.
Stay safe dude.

Verbal said:
Thanks Carolyn! Haha, I'm gonna be in SUCH deep crap if I get caught! :lol:

Haha Nicole, you make it sound as if I might not come back! :lol:

*thinks about that*

:shock: eep! Maybe I'll stay home and drink hot cocoa...

Just sharing the love, darlin' ... sharing the love.

(besides, what kind of mom would I be if I didn't tell every other young adult I know to take care, make sure your ears are clean and harp on you about calling and checking in?!?!)

:D

anicole said:

(besides, what kind of mom would I be if I didn't tell every other young adult I know to take care, make sure your ears are clean and harp on you about calling and checking in?!?!)

I got in trouble last week for not doing that. :er:

LittleMan said:
I got in trouble last week for not doing that. :er:

I'm 35, married with kids ... self supporting .... and my parents still nag regularly if I don't call them at least 5 times a week ... and I live a mile from them! :confused:

anicole said:

lol, my parents gave up a year ago having me call and check in. It just wasn't working... they were paying monthly for my cell phone (I was working my arse off for it though), and they got sick of it, lol. Now when I'm going somewhere I just say "I'm going, be back later", wave goodbye, and head out the door. :mrgreen: Something cool I've found out about parents... if you never break their trust, they'll instill more and more in you. =)

Anyhoo, I just got back...and I am soaked to the bone, covered in mud, slime, and tree sap, have a pounding headache, can't breathe, and am thoroughly and completely exhausted. In case you don't get the picture, I'm not in shape for a hike like that. That was grueling! I headed up that hill, and I saw why I wasn't allowed back there... they constructed a little cabin way back in the woods with no roads or anything, and it looks like someone's living there. Go figure, I never knew! So I gave up on the cars, and I just started hiking... and hiking, and hiking. Finally I was so tired I could barely see, and something caught my eye... the most gorgeous miniature waterfall ever! It was so worth it... I just sat on a log that went over the water for about 15 minutes and stared. So that was nice =)

Anyway, I'll post my pictures soon, after I'm done editing them. I got about 75 shots, so it may take awhile! lol

Hertz van Rental said:
So why do they call you 'darling'?

Hertzy, hertzy hertzy... you're the ONLY one who calls me darling! Don't you remember the sweet nothings that were whispered that night in Istanbul?

:boogie: Go Verbs! Can't wait to see 'em!!!

(and I call you darlin', but that's in a sloooooow southern drawl with a sassy little wink thrown in ...)

Hertz ... don't you think this calls for a temporary name change for Verbs?!

It would be soooo fun .... just for today ...

Most reactions

New Topics

Back