They have never met...

Vtec44

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Website
www.jamestangphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Well before this shoot they have never met each other. These are my 2 friends that I asked to model for me for a styled shoot. Yes, I cut off his head. I do this a lot intentionally for closer crop to put the focus more on the female . :D
10463841_717301741669264_312852152604948553_o.png

I don't think chopping off part of his head makes me "focus more on the female". I think it makes me wonder more about his head.

I don't think chopping off part of his head makes me "focus more on the female". I think it makes me wonder more about his head.

To each their own and that's why I love photography. All the guidelines are there and some people stick with it. I break them. I'm a rebel that way. lol :D

I'd say this was a swing and a miss. The key issue here is that it's a "couples" shoot and only one of the couple is in focus.

I'd say this was a swing and a miss. The key issue here is that it's a "couples" shoot and only one of the couple is in focus.

You should see some of the shots where both of them were not in focus... :D

You should see some of the shots where both of them were not in focus... :D

Yeah it's hard. I keep having to remind myself to shoot higher fstops when doing couple shots.

I shoot mostly at f1.6 :eek:

Why? It looks like there is plenty of light there to go to 2.8 or 3.6 where you could still get the DOF. YMMV

Because I shoot a lot with 28 and 35mm :D I like wide angle bokeh too so that may have something to do with it. At times I just don't have the time to setup a Brenizer shot. YMMV

the fact you have your friends modeling for you to pretend you are shooting wedding photos makes me wonder how i should take this.

the fact you have your friends modeling for you to pretend you are shooting wedding photos makes me wonder how i should take this.

You should do a bit of research on styled shoots. That's how you should take it. :D

Well, I like the shot. A lot.
I can see that although it's technically a couple shot, the female is the bride and the bride takes centre stage on her wedding day. The groom is just a prop when it comes to the photos. The look on the bride's face is a classic capture! ... and I love the background.
As for using friends to model, why not? In an actual wedding the photog is shooting for the couple, for publicity shots with models he can let his creativity flow freely. :thumbyo:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back