They're big and they're juicy!

Xmetal

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
photobucket.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I've been playing with my 50mm Lens again and found these Tomatoes in the Kitchen...

Tomato3.jpg

Tomato2.jpg

Tomato1.jpg

Would this fall under Still-Life?

Ah, they are loading at last!
Hmmmm!
Wonderful reds. Lovely light. I like the lighting best in the middle photo but am not too fond of that frame. I think lit as they are in that one, they could have lived well with a closer crop *musing here* ...
I think you have all infected me with your 50mm lenses. Bid on two by now and lost on both occasions (mind you, these are my very first "trips into Ebay", and boy, what a trip, heartbeatratewise and bloodpressurewise :roll: :shock: )

LaFoto said:
Ah, they are loading at last!
Hmmmm!
Wonderful reds. Lovely light. I like the lighting best in the middle photo but am not too fond of that frame. I think lit as they are in that one, they could have lived well with a closer crop *musing here* ...
I think you have all infected me with your 50mm lenses. Bid on two by now and lost on both occasions (mind you, these are my very first "trips into Ebay", and boy, what a trip, heartbeatratewise and bloodpressurewise :roll: :shock: )

Yeah I was unsure about how to crop the image, Feel free to have a go at it yourself and see what it looks like. :)

Like this, maybe? (Only cropped)

Tomato2_mycrop.jpg

#3 :thumbsup:

Okay so everyone here is a DOF junkie. :lol:

LaFoto that's pretty much what I was going to do but then had second thoughts about it because I thought i'd get shot down about cropping too much out of the frame.

I too, am a DoF freak. I was pretty awed by the 85mm 1.2L for a while. almost bought the nikkor 50mm 1.2 for my nikon. but i decided against it obviously :)

sweet shots man, i love the tones and colors (and DoF ;))

#3 is also my fave!

mmm great lens indeed! hehehe.
I like the first one the best. I love the lighting. Colours look great too!

Lighting in #2 is awesome. with a tighter crop it would be perfect.
LaFoto's crop is good because you don't lose the reflection.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back