Things are different around the world.... really

What about "drive-thru's"?

Drive-thru coffee shops are popping up everywhere. When I lived in Phoenix, there were drive-thru liquor stores! But don't get caught drinking and driving!

I know here in CA, we have a lot of drive-thru dairys. But not just to get milk. Anything...bread, soda, milk, eggs, cigarrettes, whatever! It's just like a convenient store or gas station, but you don't have to get our of your car :thumbup:

We call soda,pop, etc. 'soft drinks' in this part of canada. don't ask me why. :confused: as opposed to hard alcohol I suppose (which we can't buy at drive-thrus; alcohol sales are strictly controlled here; can only buy it at gov't outlets, not at grocery stores, etc.)

The thing I thought was really weird when I first moved to the states was drive through EVERYTHING - like drive through ice cream, like dairy queen :lol:.... and then there were the drive through banks :lol: oh and another one that struck me as odd was drive through smoke shops, so on your lunchbreak you can get money out the bank to get an ice cream cone and a pack of smokes all without getting out the car.

The other thing that comes to mind is scones. And not "scoooooooooowns" like you yanks call them either! Scones here have icing on them :grumpy: ICING!! You heathens :lol: gimme some whipped cream and jam anyday!

JonK said:
We call soda,pop, etc. 'soft drinks' in this part of canada. don't ask me why. :confused: as opposed to hard alcohol I suppose (which we can't buy at drive-thrus; alcohol sales are strictly controlled here; can only buy it at gov't outlets, not at grocery stores, etc.)
In the US we have soda, pop and in the certain parts of the US people collectively refer to all the brands as "coke". :confused:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back