Things I've learned tonight

neea

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
How to record actions in photoshop and applie it to an entire album of pictures.
Normally this would be great news (well it is.. for future reference) but when you're getting paid by the hour to edit.

My bfs mom is a landscape designer and is going to use photoshop this year to make pictures for customers so they get an idea of what their yard will actually look like.
The pictures are horrible!!!! They have stupid jagged edges all over these trees and flowers and I have to make them look 'realistic'.

On the bright side... I just did the math and by doing all this pain in the @$$ work.. I could possibly have my XTi by next weekend. And then I can start uploading pictures on a regular basis :lovey:
And my lensbaby should hopefully be here by then. I get paid from my other job so I could get my new lens as well.

I'm sure glad I missed work tonight with the flu. And now I get to go to bed at a decent hour (ie: 3am instead of 6:30am like when I go to work)

Good for you! Good things really can come from bad pictures! The important thing is that you never let her know how to take better photographs. Job security!

I'm looking forward to seeing the photos you make with the lensbaby. I just ordered my tilt shift lens last week, which can make the same effects as a lensbaby, and I can't wait for it to get here.

Good for you! Good things really can come from bad pictures! The important thing is that you never let her know how to take better photographs. Job security!

Most of the pictures are from a 'plant library'. A library that was probably created in the early early 90's. And then to make it worse she's 'edited' them so many times that they now look like rows of pixels.. and that's it.

I think this summer I'll go through her library and pick out the really really bad pictures and take new ones but put a black backdrop under or behind them to make it easier to remove the background.

Most reactions

Back