Reaction score
Website
www.johnsphotography.ca
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
A couple of things spotted in a day walking around Crete:

Chair_8x10%20(Large).jpg

Mannequin_NOCROP%20(Large).jpg

I've already done a perspective correction on this, but can't get it uploaded just yet.

Nice - I'd like to sit and read a book on that seat in the first shot. Wouldn't have minded a closer crop, but again the wide angle shows how it's in the middleof nowhere.

The second shot will look nice once straightened. :)

Second one i think is excellent. Not sure if you're a bit of a purist (like myself) and try not to touch Photoshop for 'serious' shots but i think cleaning up the yellow pain on the walls, straighten it up and even add a lot more yellow wall and get the composition a little more.. can't find the word for it.. in fact, says your photos are ok to edit so i'll do a quicky to see (for myself) if what i'm thinking will work.

Yeah gave it a bash, had to skew it and it doesn't look 'right', weird angle or something it was shot from, not sure.. here's my try anyway.. not quite what i thought in my head.

man-1.jpg

I know what the chair is doing there. Obviously, someone was doin' a little fishing. :)

nice shot. I love the "huh?" photos people take!

The first photo says nothing to me, but the second one (as is!) kicks ass badly. Please do not do any straightening or anything, it's perfect this way. Yes, it breaks the rule of thirds, and the subject is centered... so what? The imperfections resulting from the perspective make this image special.
:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

<snipped>
...the second one (as is!) kicks ass badly. Please do not do any straightening or anything, it's perfect this way. Yes, it breaks the rule of thirds, and the subject is centered... so what? The imperfections resulting from the perspective make this image special.
:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:
Thanks! My OCD tells me that of course it has to be straightened, but now that I've got a version that is straightened/corrected, and to tell you the truth, I'm not sure which I like better. I'll try and get it uploaded, and post a side-by-side comparison.

The second shot is killer.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back