Things you don't know about me...

I was a mod on another photo forum before I was 'seduced' by the charms of TPF :mrgreen:

once spent a night in a 'quinze' or snow house dug out of a mound of snow (quin-zee) in a city park with my buddy and some southern comfort. we cooked a can of beans on a barbecue stand in the middle of the night. The cops walked over top of the snow cave but never found us. It was -35C that night.

One of my lungs collapsed spontaneously one day. I survived. :D

I drove a tundra buggy once - those huge machines with huge tires that transport people over the frozen tundra to see polar bears in Churchill, Manitoba.

The first day i ever downhill skiied was at Sunshine in the Canadian Rockies - confused I ended up at the top of a black diamond mogul run; not knowing you could ski leisurely down the back way I tumbled unceremoniously to the bottom trying my best to attack those moguls!:blushing:

I drank my mom's most expensive perfume until I was 5 years old. Christian Dior is good stuff.

I play guitar, bass, mandolin, drums of all shapes and sizes, banjo, a little piano, and I sing. In other words, I like music.

I've never even held an SLR.

MommyOf4Boys said:
ALEX: LMAO THAT FOLDING SHIRT THING IS A TRIP!!!
lol, yeah, but it really IS as simple as it looks. what's more, I can now go for some serious epatage in the laundry :lol:

I started playing the violin at the age of 6. At 11 I broke my left arm so badly (gymnastics) that the doctors said I'll never be able to play the violin again. Guess who was wrong?

At 13 I met a famous Russian composer named Aram Katchaturian (of Sabre Dance fame).

At 15 I saved a girl from drowning.

At 22 I was stung by a yellow jacket in a place I cannot describe due to the rules of this forum. :lmao:

At 31 I defected from an Iron Curtain country (Romania) and came to the US where I worked as a Lab Tech at Baxter-Travenol in Cambridge, Mass. And at school I almost failed chemistry, I hated it!!

At 50 I climbed the Grand Teton in Wyoming.

Looking forward to my next adventure.

I am what some would call a compulsive hobbiest. I have to try every hobby once (and if I like it I continue).

When I was in grade seven I tought parts of the grade 12 computer program course.

I play guitar, mondoline and bass.

Was a junior youth leader at the local church for 2 years.(then I moved to the big city)

On my eighth B-day, fell off a horse and scraped the left side of my face off on a gravel road, I got REALLY lucky and only have one faint and hardly visible scar.

I have never been out of Canada...for that matter never out of Alberta/British Columbia.

My brother nearly drowned me when I was little (not intentionally, he was afraid and jumped on my head pushing me under), I had to be saved by an adult.

I had my ears pierced at 5, but because of my metal allergy they broke out and the holes closed. I refuse to pierce my ears again.

I'm allergic to metal, anything less than 14k gold makes me break out in hives and itch.

I have 3 dogs (labs, all three colors) and one bird (cockateil).

I'm majoring in History now, but it took me 3 years to figure that out.

I still live in the same city I was born in, but I've moved 3 times in my life. Maybe I'll leave Atlanta someday...

I only recently learned how to whistle.

My jaw locks sometimes, from some condition I have. It also hurts to laugh or yawn.

I'm very shy in person, until you get to know me. Then you can't shut me up.

I've been to Europe 3 times, once by myself (when I was 16) and I've been to Canada twice, but never anywhere in the US other than the southeastern US.

I have a tattoo.

I have been a gypsy the better part of my life....

I've played many Lead roles in the theatre........for example...Beauty, in Beauty and the Beast...Convincingly I might add!

I used to own a shop called "The Rag Queen" Where I designed costumes for the theatre and for Drag queens....What a hoot!

I was in law for 4 years.....*shudders

I was a professional gambler for 6 years......Mostly horses...but football too.

so much more but I'm gonna stop now!

intresting that many are realy not how i imagened them to be

I am 14 years old.
I am a guitar player and have earnt decent money from gigs in past bands.
I hope, and will (determanation is the key haha) become a professional musician.
I am a webdesigner.
I am getting a new camera!
My camera sucks.
I talk too much (maybe you already knew that one) :p
I'm size 12 (UK) feet. You know what they say about people with big feet eh? ;) Big socks, ofcourse.

Umm mine doesn't sound quite so interesting! :lol:

I passed my glider pilots training ending in a solo flight ( no one else to blame if you crash! :lol: )

I trained in Samalin martial arts for 7 years (qualified up to Brown belt 2nd dan, 1 dan short of black)

I've never broken a bone although I've crished the end of my finger with a rock and sliced the side of my thumb off whilst cutting a wall tile.

Not sure if I should be pleased about this or just grateful but I saved my sons life when he swallowed his own tongue.

I race Radio control cars and am Treasurer at my local club.

My wife was held up at gunpoint in an off licence (then went out with the cops to find the guy! :thumbup: )

That's just about all I can think of. There's probably lots more that I just did because I had to or was just there! :lol:

• I like to build models... mainly bikes/cars/planes.
  • I'm a fully unrestricted motorcycle license holder... I'm proud of that one as it was always a dream.
  • I have a certificate in a Pro Rally Driving Course.
  • I was taken to court when I was 18 for speeding when on "R Plates". For those who don't live in the UK or even Ireland(?), you must have R plates on your vehicle for 1 year after passing your test and cant go over 45mph... I escaped lightly with 3 penalty points and a £175 fine, however the judge found it "very disappointing"... :lmao:
  • I used to work in Dixons in Belfast International Airport, I think I was quite good at it, mainly because I did not care for sales figures and personal commission.
  • I have TERRIBLE spending habits, can't control money, and must have most things.
  • 2 years ago this valentines day a taxi driver drove through a stop sign I was passing, causing my car to be written off, 8 months of physiotherapy, and the knowledge that my back will never be quite normal again to haunt me most days.
  • I have a pierced lip.
  • I met my boyfriend online almost 3 years ago.
  • I've had the same best friend since my first day at primary school aged 4.
  • I'm called Rebecca... however a lot of people call me Wilson, for the sole reason that I like the name.
  • I have about 30 tropical fish called fish#1, fish#2, fish #3.....fish #29 and one my housemate called Fluffy :lol:, a cat called Felix and dog called Ben.
  • I was the only student in my A-Level Spanish class and the only girl in Design & Technology... and I was better than most of the boys :p
I'm stuck for now but I'm sure I'll think of something thats actually worth reading at some point...

Most reactions

Back