Things you don't know about me...

PlasticSpanner said:
Oh and nothing to be proud of but I once had 16 points on my driving licence! (12 points and you're usually banned!)

Nothing bad or antisocial, just unfortunate! :lol:

I couldn't agree more!

... and I find that rather impressive :lmao:

Let's see...

I was born in Panama, so I can never be president.

I'm 1/2 Panamanian and 1/4 Cajun.

I don't speak Spanish (most people assume that I do because of my surname)

I played the clarinet and probably would have been a band director, except I had such a bad director my senior year I decided on choir instead.

I don't drink coffee.

I don't like iced tea (any day now I'm sure I'll be kicked out of the south for this)

I'm really very shy in person. Actually online too. I can not let myself go and have an online persona. I am who I am all the time. Which is an amazing testament to TPF that I have the number of posts that I do. I usually just sit in the background and read.

I am NOT shy in front of my students. It is different for me to be in front of my students then to talk to anyone else.

Speaking of students, they will get the chance to hit me with a pie later this year.

I am an only child.

I have never gotten a ticket (knock on wood)

I have never broken a bone or been admitted to the hospital for anything (knock on wood feverishly)

I walked in the St. Patrick's Day Parade in Dublin.

I have been to more foreign countries than I have been to US States.

Right, after all this reading, here goes:

- There is one thing about me that I will never tell you, it will ALWAYS be my secret.

- My farthest travel ever in my life took me to Adelaide in South Australia.

- I was pregnant five times and have two children today.

- I now wish I had learned to play an instrument when I was younger, but at the time I just couldn't be bothered with practising :roll:

- I have never won anything

- I am still mad at myself that I married my first husband and still wish I hadn't - and I can no longer IMAGINE I married that man!

- I was in hospital six times.

- I speak three languages (though the third is very much on the way to getting lost :( )

- I am a "sandwich" child: elder sister, younger brother and myself inbetween.

- I've not had any car accidents in 20 years and then 3 within 6 months, two of which involved deer (but you actually already know that)

- I love crime stories - as TV shows as well as in novels, mostly so our German ones and British ones, though there are some very good Swedish ones out, too!!!

- I've been member on an online discussion forum (one other than this) for over five years now.

I have a massive scar on my stomach from an operation I had as a new born.

At age 5 I was hit and ran over by a car.... i'm 22 now I photograph them. :lol:

March 20th will be mine and my girlfriends' 2 year anniversary :lovey:

I still live at home

All I need is a fridge and a TV and my bedroom will be almost self-contained. :lol:

Xmetal said:
At age 5 I was hit and ran over by a car.... i'm 22 now I photograph them. :lol:

March 20th will be mine and my partners 2 year anniversary :lovey:

I still live at home

All I need is a fridge and a TV and my bedroom will be almost self-contained. :lol:

Here in the states, "Partner" infers a homosexual relationship, just to let ya know ;) We all know you're girl crazy though, so it's cool. lol

I started working with plants when I was 8 years old. I grow plants and flowers for a living and photograph them for fun. Combining 2 passions is nice :hugs::thumbup:

I lived in England for a total of 3 years (years 5,6 and 21) and visited 3 other times.

I have a Siberian Husky and a Border Collie, which is quite a combination.

I once got a speeding ticket for going 102 mph.

When I was a kid I had spinal Meningitis. I was really, really sick for like 6 months.

I love traveling around the United States and have been to 38 states so far (including Alaska and Hawaii).

I won a photography challenge with one of Christmas pictures earlier this month Happy Holidays by digitalflower

I have a chunk of gold ore on my desk from the gold mine my cousins worked at in the 1920’s. I have written a story and collected about 1,000 historical pictures about the mine. It was right on the US-Canada border near Stewart, BC. Currently searching for some one to publish it.

My middle name is Edward

I wear a 10-1/2-4E shoe

I have had 3 cars; two of them have been new Mustang GT a 1988 & 2000, the first was a 76? Buick Sky Hawk

I started my current job on January 16, 1987

My confirmation name is Matthew

I have one sister & bother, 12 & 10 years old than me; 3 nephews, 1 niece & 1 grate niece (that sound old)

I like rib eye stakes cooked medium-rare

I drink about 5 or 6 diet cokes a day

I don’t like beer

The oldies ancestor I know of is John Jarbo, he can to colonies from Dijon and settled in Saint Mary’s, Maryland in 1646 after taking the job of county marshal

My mom’s father’s family is from Arkansas. Her grandfather is buried in Hope. And Neal is her maiden name. Her mother’s is from Mississippi.

I was born in Hollywood, FL around 7:30pm on Friday 22 of October

Ok, this is fun! I'll go.

- I have been stung by bees/wasps 17 times.

- I have not one single known allergy.

- I have never broken a bone.

- I typically drive 30 mph over the speed limit on the highway, yet have never been ticketed in 9 years of driving.

- I went out for lunch with an Auschwitz survivor.

- I made the papers because of it.

- I can do 69 situps in one minute. (lol that's a useful one :er:)

- At the age of 13 I was the fastest sprinter of all my female classmates but I could not run a mile in under 8 minutes.

- I play three musical instruments.

- I was in a Big Ten marching band: the University of Illinois Marching Illini, specifically. :blushing:

- Like Mark I've been drunk only once in my life and have really no desire to repeat it...the headache and nausea the next day wreck the whole thing.

- I'm a 5th generation American yet somehow I am still of 75% Swedish blood. Picky ancestors I suppose.

- I cannot touch my toes while my legs are straight.

- I have never been hospitalized.

- I've been waiting 3 years for my own dog and I'm finally getting one this fall.

...all for now...Brit already knows about the dog :lol: but you all didn't!

bace said:
I have a massive scar on my stomach from an operation I had as a new born.

Me too ! Although, my scar was a lasting present from my appendix bursting in 2003 and I actually don't mind the scar. It starts just below my knicker-line, runs straight up to the belly button, curves around it and runs another 3 cm's above it, almost like a question mark :lol:

Most reactions

Back