Things you were stunned that people didn't know?

Stehay

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I was stunned that my mate who is a big Brock Lesnar fan didn't know that he started WWE in 2002 , he thought the early 90s

Way too much to catalog everything on here.

I'm a fairly well-read student of history, politics, economics, foreign policy, monetary policy, engineering, architecture, art, machinery (many types), firearms, and landscape gardening. Probably some other stuff that I'm not thinking of just now.

Until today, I had never even heard of Brock Lesnar.
I'm stunned there are people that don't know that WWE and other cough! professional wrestling is rehearsed, staged, and the winner of each match is determined in advance.
Which is why I have never watched it and had never heard of BL.

I'm stunned there are people that don't know that WWE and other cough! professional wrestling is rehearsed, staged, and the winner of each match is determined in advance.
Wait..................WHAT????????? Say it isn't so. You mean those guys don't really beat each other with everything under the sun night after night and heal instantly in the dressing room so they can put on the same show the next night in some other town? Your telling us that it is as fake as most of the other shows on network TV? Oh the humanity.
84.gif
85.gif

Until today, I had never even heard of Brock Lesnar.
Which is why I have never watched it and had never heard of BL.

Hehe. Found that out the hard way. Back in 1980 I met my future wife. Talked to her parents a couple of times, but we weren't on friendly terms yet. One particular evening, I picked her up from home. There was obviously something going on, because there were cars all over in the driveway. When I entered the house, her father yelled at me, "Get in here, the big match is about to start!" Stepped into the living room. Her grandfather, father, 3 uncles and several friends were crowded around a 20" TV. Are you into wrestling? Not really. Why? It's all rehearsed and fake. I was just an 18 year old twig and never seen so many older and bigger men than me, get out of their seats so fast! Just then the girlfriend showed up saying she was ready to go. She pushed me towards the door, and I gladly bailed. On the way out, she's yelling at me, "Why would you say that?". I thought everyone knew! Guess they didn't get the memo. They chased me outside. Seriously thought I was going to get my butt whooped. Luckily my new girlfriend pulled out a secret weapon. Wrestler autographs.

The weekend before, we spent a whole Saturday driving through Wisconsin. Visited at all sorts of weird places and cheese stores. Just hanging out and having fun. On the way home, I needed gas. Stopped at a large truck stop on the Minnesota/Wisconsin border. A conversion van pulled up on the other side of the pumps. Five or six wrestlers piled out. I didn't know any of them, but my girlfriend sure did. Just remember one was Buck "Rock N Roll" Zumhofe. Can't forget that name, but don't remember the others. She explained that some were "Sworn" enemies, and it was proof that it was fake. We BS'd a bit, and ate a meal with them. Had a great time. Got all of their autographs. They were still in my glove box. She threw them out the window as I tore out of the driveway.

I'm stunned there's people who don't know how to discuss photography on a photography forum. They're willing to discuss everything but.

Most reactions

Back