Think I got the fine tuned locked in?

coastalconn

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I knew it would take a little time getting used to the 7dm2. I noticed some front focus and haven't had nearly as much time as I would like to get it set. Last night doing some testing I figured out I needed to be at +5/+6. Went out this morning to give it a whirl and sharpness is looking pretty good to me. I know I have received some feedback about the Canon not being as sharp. I think, but I could be wrong that I closed the gap a little. Comments and thoughts welcome. Thanks for looking..

I have to start with this shot, just because I think it is cool, even though the light sucked... :)
About 50% crop..
America Mink with kill 5_1 by krisinct- Thanks for 5 Million views as of Jan 12, on Flickr

Snowy Egret 5_1 by krisinct- Thanks for 5 Million views as of Jan 12, on Flickr

Angry Grackle 4_30 by krisinct- Thanks for 5 Million views as of Jan 12, on Flickr

Excellent! The mink shot is pretty neat, but I think #2 is the coolest photo of a Snowy I've ever seen.

Wow shot 2 is awesome. Nice job and I looked forward to future pictures. What auto focus case setting are you using of the six they offer? And did you adjust the tracking, accel, af point switching values? Because it looks like what ever you set to is right on for bird shots.

#2 and #3 fantastic shots.It looks like focus and sharpness is dead on.

Did you order your lens from the Photo Connection in Colchester? Jeannette was telling me last night after my presentation that somebody recently ordered a 400 5.6... :p

Jake

P.S., Looks damned sharp to me!

Number 2 is beautiful! Looks good to me.

Excellent! The mink shot is pretty neat, but I think #2 is the coolest photo of a Snowy I've ever seen.
I really like #2 also, it was cropped about 50% and had some great detail and a decent background..
Wow shot 2 is awesome. Nice job and I looked forward to future pictures. What auto focus case setting are you using of the six they offer? And did you adjust the tracking, accel, af point switching values? Because it looks like what ever you set to is right on for bird shots.
I mostly have been using case 2, but I tried case 4. as suggested online, I turned down the tracking to -2. I mostly use the 5 point and 9 point setting, forgive me as I'm still not down on Canon lingo, I think AF expansion? I'm sure with time I will get the AF system down and figure out what works for me. So far in the last 4 days I haven't seen many Osprey and they are what I use to judge lenses and cameras because I have such an extensive database to compare..

#2 and #3 fantastic shots.It looks like focus and sharpness is dead on.
Thank you DS!

Did you order your lens from the Photo Connection in Colchester? Jeannette was telling me last night after my presentation that somebody recently ordered a 400 5.6... :p
Jake
P.S., Looks damned sharp to me!
Nah, I found a used one on Fred Miranda for $760. I only met her once, but I found out she was telling people where my Owl family lived so a bunch of people were out there over the winter and the Owls didn't nest there this year.... :(

Looks pretty spot on to me!
Number 2 is beautiful! Looks good to me.
Thank you!

That sure is one angry looking Grackle Kris !!!!

Sweet set I'm trying to figure the auto focus out but.... not with great sucsess

Most reactions

Back