Think I Over Processed?

If the oranges looked real (actually orange) it might have worked. But now nothing is real.

I agree with both comments above - the colors really don't work for me. I'm pretty sure a B&W (or even a more natural color image) would be much more interesting to me.

0.02: If the color items were not covered by the B&W, the isolation would be nicer for me.

Actually after spending two weeks in the heart of orange groves in South Florida, the oranges I've seen on truckload after truckload are anything but orange, as they pass by on their way to processing. Greenish yellow (heavy on the green) would be a more accurate description, nothing like the ones you see at the store. My rendition was an improvement on reality, and was a sampling from the more "orange" part of the original. Had I really intended the image for serious C&C I would have spent more time on it and not have posted it in "Just For Fun". It was a learning exercise, and way to relax on a beautiful day, nothing more.

@otherprof thank you.Glad you liked it.

Quick cell photo of one of the subjects that's been aging for a week since the photo was taken. Still not really orange. Reality is sometimes an illusion.

20170113_215726.jpg

Last edited:
Actually after spending two weeks in the heart of orange groves in South Florida, the oranges I've seen on truckload after truckload are anything but orange, as they pass by on their way to processing. Greenish yellow (heavy on the green) would be a more accurate description, nothing like the ones you see at the store. My rendition was an improvement on reality, and was a sampling from the more "orange" part of the original. Had I really intended the image for serious C&C I would have spent more time on it and not have posted it in "Just For Fun". It was a learning exercise, and way to relax on a beautiful day, nothing more.
Thats interesting about the color. I drive by Orange groves here in So Cal almost every day and they leave the oranges on the trees till they are actually orange. I wonder if it's the intended use that drives how they decide when to pick them.

selective color

Fun. Selective color certainly is that, fun to learn. Most photogs hate it in general though it certainly has its uses and many clients will love it. Color looks like lemons, which they botanically are.

@viviansungg Thank You. it was a relaxing way to kill a little time. KInd of like doodling, on a computer.

@Rick50 the oranges in South Central FL seem to be on the small side, and appear to be for juice. The cell phone picture of the one above, is one that was in the original photo though it's been ripening in a window sill for 4 days. Interesting side note is that the FL orange industry as a whole is declining thanks to temperature shifts, development and a disease called greening. Some of the groves north and east of us raise the oranges you see in the stores.

astroNikon said:
selective color

Like yelling "FIRE!" in a crowded photo forum theater. Lol.

it's all good though.

@OGsPhotography around our home the coloring books for adults are in the stores. This is sort of like that

I like this and the concept.

Most reactions

Back