Think I'm Gonna Hang It Up

Judging by where he's been in the world he also has a load of money at his disposal. It's amazing what you can learn by just going out and doing it when you have all the money to do whatever you want.

Ding ding ding.

If I was independently wealthy or had the means to travel the world, I surely would not get up every morning at 6 am and spend 6-10 hours making sure some rich guy's lights come on when he flips the switch.

I'm not saying the guy is not talented. I'm just saying it's a lot easier to hone your craft without all the petty nuisances in life getting in the way (i.e. providing food, clothing, shelter for yourself and/or your family).

It's no coincidence that most of the "top" U.S. athletes in sports like women's gymnastics and figure skating come from affluent families.

Just sayin'.

Cool. You hang it up; I am going to keep shooting.

Lawrence is a good photographer. His work is on a different level then mine. I respect that, but I could not care less. I am making MY mark on the photo world.

Love & Bass

No argument he has skill. But ALL of those shots had HUGE production value. That's a tonne of money being floated to get that one shot. I am positive that if we gave that amount of money to everyone and said go create, we wold be stunned at what was produced.

I am in marketing and am involved in these shoots all the time. (I'm a code monkey who is a photography enthusiast so I get involved in any way I can to learn). When you have limitless resources I have seen amazing visions realized.

Again, he's good, but the budgets for his shoots can afford some wonderful visions to be realized.

Think of what you could do with limitless creative budgets! PhotoXopher said you can't teach how to have a vision. I'm not absolutely sure. Art teachers everywhere may disagree. That being said, one thins I DO know absolutely is that a lack of resources can kill (or at minimum, cripple) a vision.

My 2 cents.

Cheers!

You just have to do your own thing Ian and set your own standards. Too much admiration on what other's have done just takes away time from yours.

Most reactions

Back