Think it crashed

smoke665

TPF Supporters
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Noticed over the last couple weeks the auto focus on my k30 seemed to be searching a lot and some of the shots this week have been less than sharp. Tonight shooting in low light suddenly started making a squealing noise and wouldn't stop. Had to pull the battery to make it stop. Now it won't even atempt to focus. Any ideas?

That's what I was afraid of. Since it's out of warranty I'm concerned that it might not be cost effective. Might be better to upgrade body.

Haven't explored all the repair options, but thru the Pentax center it appears the minimum charge is $206. Guess they're going the way of so many other tech products - disposable

Not sure what's going on with your K30. But there is manual focus- or catch-in-focus (a wonderful feature)...

Not sure what's going on with your K30. But there is manual focus- or catch-in-focus (a wonderful feature)...

Started making squealing noise when it tried to auto focus. That was followed by loud grinding/squealing noises. Had to pull the battery to make it stop. Now auto focus is dead. I think I can still use it on manual and everything else works, but I haven't had time to takes some test shots.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back