Thinking about buying a used lens from B&H Photo Video

slickhare

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
So like the title implies, I'm thinking about buying a used lens from B&H, but I'm not sure whether it's a good idea or not. Is the site good to buy used lenses from? Or is it just not worth taking the risk? (it's ~$100 off the regular price)

Dont know about B&H but I had a faulty used lens arrived from Adorama.

I had to send it back and got it replaced by a new one (good customer service) but since I live overseas it was a mission to send back and to get another one. (customs, courier charges).

I would say if you going to buy used, go and see it to test for yourself, otherwise buy new.

Interesting, how did your oly come with the 17.5 instead of the 14mm?

I agree with the above poster, if it's used go see it yourself and try it on your camera. Otherwise buy new, the four thirds lenses aren't as bad as some of the others when it comes to pricing.

Which lens are you looking for?

Interesting, how did your oly come with the 17.5 instead of the 14mm?

I agree with the above poster, if it's used go see it yourself and try it on your camera. Otherwise buy new, the four thirds lenses aren't as bad as some of the others when it comes to pricing.

Which lens are you looking for?

I bought my E500 a long time ago, the 14-45 is a new lens.

but the lens I was looking at was the 14-54 f/2.8-3.?, in order to replace my 17.5-45 which i tend to use more than the 40-150. I was also looking at the 18-180 to cover the whole range, but i figured quality should come before versatility.

The 14-54mm is an excellent all weather lens, superb reviews, good choice. The 40-150mm is a very good lens with good reviews, especially for being a kit lens. You should use it more often, you'll be amazed at the results. It's a very good portrait lens too.

Depending on your budget, there are a couple of new fixed aperture f/2.0 zoom lenses from Olympus that sound really enticing. I think one of them is a 14-35mm. Not cheap though.

I have bought thousands of dollars worth of gear from B&H and never a problem. If you arent satisfied with a product they will take it back and replace or reimburse you I believe. They are one of the most reputable dealers out there.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back