Thinking about the D2xs?

Ihaveaquestion

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I would love to buy the D3 but think I'll just buy a D2Xs when the price drops.

I understant the high iso difference and full frame options are amazing but Still thinking about the D2 instead.

Any D2 users here. What are your thoughts good or bad on the D2? Should I just go for the D3?

Why use a D2 when the D300 is more than everything the D2x is, and half the price?

Do you really need the extra durability of the D2Xs? A top of the line body is tempting but you really might want to wait and see what the newer electronics will do. Plus, the D2Xs' might not drop all that much, they will still be perfectly serviceable cameras.

Another vote for the D300 over the D2Xs... it is a full generation newer in ways that really matter.

Add another vote for the D300... it comes out in 1-2 weeks and if I was in your boat, thats the one I would be aiming for... unless you absolutely have a need for a full frame camera (for some reason). The D300 is still a cropped sensor.

I guess i'll just get a D300.

I could get a d300 and a 70-200 for less than a 3D.

So yeah, I hope the waiting list wont be too long. I dont want to wait 6 months for a camera.

Thanks for the input.

I have a D2X...why get older technology? Get the D300 or D3 and be done with it. I'm personally getting the D3 - I just feel you get what you pay for. I love a nice heavy tank of a camera. I have never liked my D200 like I loved my D2X - the D2X and I were a great team! ;) I'm sure the D3 will just follow that fine...

I use a D2X its a great camera but unless you go into combat situations or harsh enviroments where the camera body gets bounced and dropped around, if not I would shoot for the D300.

I have a D2X...why get older technology? Get the D300 or D3 and be done with it. I'm personally getting the D3 - I just feel you get what you pay for. I love a nice heavy tank of a camera. I have never liked my D200 like I loved my D2X - the D2X and I were a great team! ;) I'm sure the D3 will just follow that fine...

Thats why I wanted to go with either the D2 Or D3 I love the feel of my F5 and wanted a camera built the same way. Heavy and solid.

Most reactions

Back