Thinking of switching to Nikon...

I think most of Nikon's marketing team are on this forum all you hear is get a Nikon they are best
We are not Nikon marketing team we are just saying what we believe is the truth and what we would do in OP shoes!

Other camera makers are a valid option and some have their advantage over Nikon in certain area but I still think overall currently Nikon is offering the best most balanced combination of body+lenses to the serious shooter with Canon in a close second.
I know you are a big fan of Sony and as a past Sony user/owner I understand your passion to Sony they are good and make very good product but they still have a long way to go especially in the lens department to be a serious competitor.
Most common lens you will many serious shooters use on FF is the 24-70mm and 70-200mm 2.8 but I don't know why Sony refuses to make this range on their wonderful A7 camera range.

I think most of Nikon's marketing team are on this forum all you hear is get a Nikon they are best
We are not Nikon marketing team we are just saying what we believe is the truth and what we would do in OP shoes!

Other camera makers are a valid option and some have their advantage over Nikon in certain area but I still think overall currently Nikon is offering the best most balanced combination of body+lenses to the serious shooter with Canon in a close second.
I know you are a big fan of Sony and as a past Sony user/owner I understand your passion to Sony they are good and make very good product but they still have a long way to go especially in the lens department to be a serious competitor.
Most common lens you will many serious shooters use on FF is the 24-70mm and 70-200mm 2.8 but I don't know why Sony refuses to make this range on their wonderful A7 camera range.

Nor am I a Nikon Rep. I just put stock behind products I love. If I love a product, I'll make sure to recommend it to everyone I know. That's all.

My A7 only ever has 28mm, 35mm and 50mm, I can fit more lenses on it than you can on your Nikon, I could auto focus all my Canon lenses if I wanted but I get nearly 100% in focus using manual focus, just saying

Last edited:

Nor am I a Nikon Rep. I just put stock behind products I love. If I love a product, I'll make sure to recommend it to everyone I know. That's all.
I never recommend cameras to people because if I have a good one I don't want others to have it, a camera I want next is years old has a Nikon D70 sensor you have to cock the shutter for every shot but it produces sublime B+W shots

My A7 only ever has 28mm, 35mm and 50mm, I can fit more lenses on it than you can on your Nikon, I could outo focus all my Canon lenses if I wanted but I get nearly 100% in focus using manual focus, just saying
When will you understand its not about you, me or somebody in particular, its about looking at the big picture, appealing to the crowd of photographers, see what they mostly use and supplying that to them, this is how you draw customers to your product.
In the 50's and 60's when gas was super cheap BIG guzzlers were all the rage, today its the opposite and big guzzlers are ousted and economic is what people want.
We all know Sony sensors are the best and as I said they do know how to make good cameras, it still aint perfect but the main point is lenses and Sony doesn't seems to be in a big hurry to create them. I am sure if you have better more interesting lenses for the A7 body you would see many more of them on the street. Its selling well as is but the potential isto grow far more if they would offer more lenses, fast lenses.

It does seem that way...

Then maybe that says something about Nikon's product/marketing. They market well, have a lot of products out there, and those who use Nikon stand behind their gear and its abilities.

It does seem that way...

Then maybe that says something about Nikon's product/marketing. They market well, have a lot of products out there, and those who use Nikon stand behind their gear and its abilities.

Or...canon users are so busy taking photos that they don't have time to brag about their cameras? ;)

It does seem that way...

Or...canon users are so busy taking photos that they don't have time to brag about their cameras? ;)

Touché [emoji4]

I made the switch and have ZERO regrets. You hear a lot of silly people, like gary, say that canon will feel better in your hand and that is flat out false. There isn't one thing I can say that canon does better than nikon, and I know them both, lenses and bodies, backwards and forwards. Avoid Sony if you like lens selection.

Just google "nikon vs (anything)" and in ten minutes you'll get so much overwhelming evidence that nikon is the best of the best, your decision will be made.

Last edited:
I made the switch and have ZERO regrets. You hear a lot of silly people, like gary, say that canon will feel better in your hand and that is flat out false. There isn't one thing I can say that canon does better than nikon, and I know them both, lenses and bodies, backwards and forwards. Avoid Sony if you like lens selection.

Just google "nikon vs (anything)" and in ten minutes you'll get so much overwhelming evidence that nikon is the best of the best, your decision will be made.
I can tell you one thing that canon does better and that is macro lenses but there are lots of others, Nikon is not best for what I shoot
Canon MP-E 65mm f/2.8 1-5x Macro Photo - Macro - Canon UK

I just googled "Nikon vs. Fellatio from super models" and nikon lost.

I can tell you one thing that canon does better and that is macro lenses but there are lots of others, Nikon is not best for what I shoot

And Nikon's live view is terrible for macro/studio work.

And Nikon's live view is terrible for macro/studio work.

It definitely is.

You hear a lot of silly people, like gary, say that canon will feel better in your hand and that is flat out false. There isn't one thing I can say that canon does better than nikon, and I know them both, lenses and bodies, backwards and forwards. Avoid Sony if you like lens selection.
Speaking personally, the Canons do feel significantly better in my hands than the Nikons. However, the Pentax K-3 felt better still; one of several reasons I decided to switch to Pentax. (Loved the feel of the Sony A7 too, but was also warned off by their lens selection).

If that gets me described as a silly person ... well, I can just say - it wouldn't be the first time :-D

Most reactions

New Topics

Back