Thinking of switching to Nikon...

I think how something fits or feels in your hand is underrated. (No pun intended).

It's seems to be ignored often when folks are giving advice and opinions on what to buy or not. Size and shape MATTER!

I think how something fits or feels in your hand is underrated. (No pun intended).

It's seems to be ignored often when folks are giving advice and opinions on what to buy or not. Size and shape MATTER!
No, read above only the sensor matters, but I'm the same as you a good handling camera makes up for other things I wouldn't swap my film rangefinder cameras for anything

You hear a lot of silly people, like gary, say that canon will feel better in your hand and that is flat out false. There isn't one thing I can say that canon does better than nikon, and I know them both, lenses and bodies, backwards and forwards. Avoid Sony if you like lens selection.
Speaking personally, the Canons do feel significantly better in my hands than the Nikons. However, the Pentax K-3 felt better still; one of several reasons I decided to switch to Pentax. (Loved the feel of the Sony A7 too, but was also warned off by their lens selection).

If that gets me described as a silly person ... well, I can just say - it wouldn't be the first time :-D

Not silly at all, it is your opinion. I was referring to gary's ridiculous statement "If you like the feel of Canon cameras you won't like Nikon". Wait, that was redundant. All of gary's statements are ridiculous. :)

Just google "nikon vs (anything)" and in ten minutes you'll get so much overwhelming evidence that nikon is the best of the best, your decision will be made.

I just googled "Nikon vs. Fellatio from super models" and nikon lost.

Disagree, my D800e can suck a corn cob clean through a picket fence.

Just a side thought, as a Nikon user, I truly believe that I am using the best, yet I don't troll the Sony threads and initiate inaccurate comparisons.

You hear a lot of silly people, like gary, say that canon will feel better in your hand and that is flat out false. There isn't one thing I can say that canon does better than nikon, and I know them both, lenses and bodies, backwards and forwards. Avoid Sony if you like lens selection.
Speaking personally, the Canons do feel significantly better in my hands than the Nikons. However, the Pentax K-3 felt better still; one of several reasons I decided to switch to Pentax. (Loved the feel of the Sony A7 too, but was also warned off by their lens selection).

If that gets me described as a silly person ... well, I can just say - it wouldn't be the first time :-D

Not silly at all, it is your opinion. I was referring to gary's ridiculous statement "If you like the feel of Canon cameras you won't like Nikon". Wait, that was redundant. All of gary's statements are ridiculous. :)
No it is not and neither feel as nice as my film Leica cameras

No it is not and neither feel as nice as my film Leica cameras

Opinion.

I just switched to a Nikon D750 from a 5D MKII and I’m loving the abilities of the Nikon over the Canon. Honestly, I can’t say how the crop sensor cameras perform in comparison, but I think I want my next camera to be a D70 that has the electronic hybrid shutter that will allow me to shoot at the max shutter speed with flashes.

Back to the OP. This looks like a perfect situation where renting is called for.

Back to the OP. This looks like a perfect situation where renting is called for.

I do have a free rental from lensprotogo for winning a photo contest a few months ago, so that's what I'll be doing

Most reactions

Back