Thinking retro

I don't propose celebrating crap photos, only to accpet them for what they are and offer help to those interested in improving their product. If nothing is learned and crap continues, well there is a point in time to give up, shove it aside and go on.

I do agree with a statement you made awhile back regarding to veiw and comment or just pass. Personally, it appears too much at-a-boy is offered without real intent.

Jack daniels on a saturday night... isnt that a song?

But seriously, the problem with mediocre shots is worse than pure crap. Pure crap floats and everybody recognizes it... mediocity stays right under the surface and most people just think it must not be the shot it has to be me everybody else loves it so i should shoot like that.

I understand you logic and the misconception, however there a many mediocre shots out there that are bought with real $s that you or I may consider crap. So where does it begin and end? Isn't the buyer the final judge while we are the amateurs in waiting?

Hey I sold my share of crap... Mama will buy anything from her daughter's wedding. I know crap, crap is a friend of mine, but I think i hate mediocrity worse. But you have a point people praise crap as well as mediocrity.

But you see garbage in wedding albums and on the piano, you don't often see it in a magazine. I can't believe I went back and deleted the name of the magazine so I wouldnt offend out younger photographers.

As I said the buyer is the boss....and Mama can be the boss to.

I've never had the pleasure of sell my shots. Never really tried and don't know where and how to offer them.....not that they're sellable!

Posted today was a head shot in blue with a negative triangle in the middle....I assume you saw it. Anyway, I for one thought it was very creative, but others rated it thumbs down.....your thoughts.

Okay all the elements are there... It's graphic and its interesting to me but I'm not sure it has a basic pop culture understanding how about this instead. Remember the elements are yours not mine.

If it isnt your out it goes
before i get in trouble

Yeah i changed it.
but to be honest it is artsy but not without a caption to explain it. Lets say you took that same shot made no changes but just what you see there and turned it into a book cover.

"Orwell's 1984 lives" You are the one that said crap could be art to someone lol.

And you think that photo is crap????by it's self?

Hummmm, Prehaps it's because I've never seen a shot created quite like that.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back