Thinking Statue

Holy Ghosted

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
let me know what you think
156904938-M.jpg

To be honest, when I first saw it, I thought it was a nice harmless image. Something you might find on the wall of a doctor's office.

When I looked closer I just couldn't find (what I thought) was anything interesting about it. So I think it is a nice harmless Image but not one to create any interest of feeling me me. Not even a sense of serinity which I would have thought I would feel.

To be honest, too - not particularly interesting, too centred, too little detail ( a closer-up view might have brought out more, especially if the lighting had provided more contrast), background cuts across dentral motif...

ok I think I see what you are saying. I will see if i have a better subject.

A great deal of the image isn't just technique it's your very first choice. First choice is what to shoot, then how to shoot it.

Nothing much you could do with this image. Probably lots of better things you have shot. Things that are more interesting.

I have only been shooting for six months I am still trying to train my eye for what looks good while I am there how to capture all that with just a camera that is the real fun

Subject doesn't bother me that much, but you oversaturated in PP, the DOF should probably be shallower, and the the shutter speed should be slower.

Subject doesn't bother me that much, but you oversaturated in PP, the DOF should probably be shallower, and the the shutter speed should be slower.

I can see every thing except the slower shutter speed could you explain a little.

The fountain looks a bit chunky, and it's not just because of this low-res image. Slow the shutter speed down to smooth out the water a bit. It would be a nice contrast of something in motion next to something static.

ok I understand now thank you for explaining that

I looked at all three images, and everyone has commented about where I would be... but I'm wondering about your camera settings ..WB ... all photos , might be me?? seem to have a color cast??

well the WB was set to auto in all of those I am pretty sure it just seems to be over all more consistent well maybe that is just me the statue was f 3.6 and a shutter of 1000 with a flash ( I was trying to high light the fountain and freeze it make it look hard to soften the statue ) the color cast may be coming from the point that I am working on a new computer new screen and new software so I am trying to find were I am on every thing at once. Are you seeing a blue cast on every thing the reason I ask is my reds just seem to be punchy

I'm going to say yes on the blue cast, maybe its me... see if anyone else detects a cast, before you do anything drastic lol... I see it in the shot more Courthouse2.... The flagpoles themself seem to really show it...

Most reactions

Back