Third party lenses

deudeu

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey,

I have been looking at different lenses for my camera and i had a question about the third party (tamron, sigma, and tokina mainly) manufacturers.

Does one lens have the same characteristics on all cameras. In other words, if i read a review about the sigma 10-20mm tested on a Nikon D80 can i assume the lens will have about the same result on my GX-10 (as far as optics are concerned, like barrel distortion, CAs...)?

Thank you, knowledgeable people out there, for your help!

The lens is pretty much the same, just the mount is different. There may be a few exceptions, but you should be fine.

The only differences would come from a different size sensor or different AF mechanism. Optically, it should be about the same.

Seams fair. Thanks to both of you!

Just one thing to note is if you're looking at LH/PW charts of sharpness at sights like www.photozone.de then when you have the same lens on 2 different cameras the graphs have a different scale on the side.

Just one thing to note is if you're looking at LH/PW charts of sharpness at sights like www.photozone.de then when you have the same lens on 2 different cameras the graphs have a different scale on the side.

Thanks Garbz, this is the site I usually check out. Good thing to know!

Most reactions

Back