Thirsty for Complimentart Colours. Beer shoot

Can I ask why you chose the green background? I would think you'd want another color to accentuate the green glass. Instead it looks as if the bottle could very well be clear with green lighting giving it its color.

Same question about the color of the table, any particular reason?

I also like the green background. The shot is already composed for an ad. It just needs some text with an appealing message. Thorhammer, like I said before, nicely lit. Great shot.

thanks for the support !!!

DigiMAtt you are right about the ads..thanks for pointing this out...

... This was our first foray into this area seriously...

I might step out of the norm and do something with some motion in it next time, but how can someone improve on something when they cant duplicate the something they want to improve on first !!! Its funny how simple contrasts in between the same hues can be powerful... Less IS more.. and adverising proves this over and over... But yes I am a huge fan of red/blue contrast etc etc..... just this seemed to work well as a training of sorts...

If I could only learn how to make the water beads perfect, Id be set...
mineral oil and water helps, but the ones on the neck flatten too quickly.
maybye a colder bottle?

Something I saw in a food photography book at the store...they used a product that was made for that and it was like gel like stuff that they dabbed on with a brush...i was going to experiment with watered down hair-gel sometime. They also recomended mixing glycerine in with your water...gotta try that too, haven't tried suger yet.

Nice picture btw it looks great!

Most reactions

Back