this film stuff just isn't for me...

pilgrim

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
as some of you may or may not know I borrowed an old slr and picked up some b.w film...
I finally finished up the remaining exposures that were still in the camera, and couldn't wait to get the b.w stuff in there and start shooting!
well first off, I had noooo idea how to put the film in.. and when I finally had it somewhat in the right place... I hit what I thought was the button to suck the film into wherever it goes so I can take pics :roll: .. well turns out I hit the rewind button! :oops: :cry:
grrrr, I need to go pick up another roll now... and I still dont know how to load the film! :evil:

dude....step back...take a breath...

we are here to help!!!!!! keep trying..youll love the look of film B+W

md

errr, i know your right md...
maybe when I buy my next roll I will ask the person working there if they can put it in the camera for me, heh :oops:

pilgrim said:
errr, i know your right md...
maybe when I buy my next roll I will ask the person working there if they can put it in the camera for me, heh :oops:

hell i do that still....some of the older cameras are tricky

md

I don't know whether to laugh about your film loading mishap or cry because I've been loading film into slr's for about 30 years! :cry: Crap, I'm getting old! :eek:ldman:

Take that roll into the lab - and ask them to get the end of the film out of it so you can still use it...

We have cool machines that go in and pull the end out so that we can stick it to leader cards to be processed...

And my basic advice - put the film in - pull it across so that the little nitch in the spool thingy on the other side catches onto one of the holes in the film... then close & wind it on...

if it doesnt have something to wind it on - take a couple of blank shots first (hold hand over lens and click)

Hope this helps.

hey,dont worry,troy!
you dont have to buy next roll - theres a nice little gadget - dont know the english word for it so here is the pic

http://www.allegro.pl/show_item.php?item=32125953

its cheap, you can pull out the end of the film from a case? with it -:)
i often use it when i have to take the film off the cam before its finished...and i want to finish it later...or when i want to change bw into color in the middle of the roll...
the truth is you dont even have to buy it, ha ha, they should have it in every photo store,so you can just ask them to do it for you,it takes few seconds,im sure they will help! :hug:

haha, thanks guys :love:
I was expecting a lot more jokes :p

haha, well atleast I don't have to buy a new roll :D but I do have to tell the person at the lab what happend :oops: hehe. And Im gonna have to ask her to help me load the film :oops: :oops:

oh well. :p

pilgrim said:
haha, thanks guys :love:
I was expecting a lot more jokes :p

haha, well atleast I don't have to buy a new roll :D but I do have to tell the person at the lab what happend :oops: hehe. And Im gonna have to ask her to help me load the film :oops: :oops:

oh well. :p

is she hot? if she is then SCORE! :lol:

md

I'm so glad you didn't give up, Pilgrim. It's just new to you, so you have to get past that little "fear factor". No biggie, these lab people are THERE to encourage and help! :wink:

I hope you come to love B&W film. Takes a little more effort at first, sure, but.... I think it's the most enchanted way to take images, ever. :love:

fadingaway1986 said:
Take that roll into the lab - and ask them to get the end of the film out of it so you can still use it...

We have cool machines that go in and pull the end out so that we can stick it to leader cards to be processed...

And my basic advice - put the film in - pull it across so that the little nitch in the spool thingy on the other side catches onto one of the holes in the film... then close & wind it on...

if it doesnt have something to wind it on - take a couple of blank shots first (hold hand over lens and click)

Hope this helps.

I was gonna say to do that same thing. It's super simple to pull the tail back out. Takes 5 seconds. You just need the tool to do it.

IMO, Film puller/pincher are one of best accessories to have.
I use my when developing 35mm BW to remove the film.

Most reactions

Back