This guys work blew me away

SteveL

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
[FONT=&quot]I recently came across some work (photography) on Flickr that just blew me away. Check out the link below. I was happy with my photography till I saw these images. I want to do this. I can not believe the depth, the sharpness and color saturation of these images. Does anyone have any idea how this is being achieved? I have seen a few other that are achieving this same result so it is some technique or possibly use of filters or is it post processing? I think the Singh-Ray Gold N Blue is used but I don't think that alone will do this.[/FONT]

http://www.flickr.com/photos/cyrusmafi/sets/72157608483935606/

Thanks,

Steve

Easy. This guy takes photos with the post processing in his mindset. A lot of people take a photo thinking get it right in the camera and don't worry about it after that.

But this effect is achieved by spending just as much time editing the photo as going out and taking it.

The specific effect is different for every picture.

This is clearly the result of both excellent photography and excellent pp skills. I'm impressed.

I agree with the above posts, and I bet he uses a polarizing filter too.

Lighting. Stop shooting at high noon, wait for the sun to get a little lower, then shoot.

Of course, everything the others have said is likely true as well.

I have to disagree. I find heavily postprocessed images gaudy and completely unappealing.
Also, what's with the big watermark on every picture? Is someone going to steal his low-res pics and post them as his own? Feels so self-important. If you absolutely have to put a watermark on your pic, why not something discreet?

And what's the deal with the borders around each photo? Distracting and silly.

edit: whoops he does have highres images available. Still, I would prefer a less visible watermark

I have to say, I'm not too impressed with his work. Note the fountain shots in Las Vegas. He not only cuts a building in half, but has a crooked horizon as well. Very much a snap shot in my book. And the building he does have isn't really connected to the fountains. I think he's also pretty heavy-handed with his post processing as well. Nothing exciting IMO.

There are small things to crit on his work, but man, that guy's PPing is nicely thought out.

I tend to find the most pleasing are the ones with the least PPing (or the ones that are not so obvious). He does have some excellent photos... many of which would have stood on their own without all of the PP'ing.

I see it like underwear... you can enjoy a well proportioned woman nude, but put her in some sexy lingerie and ... well... if you got it... flaunt it... lol

great skills.

I have to disagree. I find heavily postprocessed images gaudy and completely unappealing.
Also, what's with the big watermark on every picture? Is someone going to steal his low-res pics and post them as his own? Feels so self-important. If you absolutely have to put a watermark on your pic, why not something discreet?

Are you really serious? I have gotten my own images stolen so many times, it is insane. I have had to fight businesses thinking they can take them right off the web and use them. I have also had people use them in very BAD ways all over the internet. I have also had someone take my images and claim them as their own. I also have photographed people that are pretty well known and I don't need them taken and used for anything else.

One you are in business for a few years, you get pretty sick of it, and sometimes a watermark is the best thing you can do to remind people that the images ARE NOT theirs for the taking.

Do I feel self important? If that is your definition of it, so be it.

And what's the deal with the borders around each photo? Distracting and silly.

edit: whoops he does have highres images available. Still, I would prefer a less visible watermark

Let's see what you've got....?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back